Mana managment

decided to play my lock again and saw my spells costed WAY to little what happened to mana management? if its not a thing anymore why have it in the first place? why not just take out all the items that produce mana and just remove the mana system entirely?

2 Likes

mana management might just matter at max level, have not noticed it much, but I am ultra causal and only do easy content with friends late at night.

Warlocks manage soulshards now.

This isn’t new.

Outside of healers mana management hasn’t been a thing in a LONG time.

4 Likes

Yeah mana management is for healers and in a way for Acrane Mages (though not the traditional mana management).

Beyond that it servers as a sort of soft cap for self healing for dps specs

2 Likes

In Legion, Warlocks still had mana management and it was atrocious.

Lifetap made sense at one point when every mana class had to manage but during Legion Warlocks suddenly had two resources to manage (Soulshards and Mana). One was RNG to get and our bigger spells required them and the other we had to hurt ourselves just to keep being useful. It was annoying.

Remember wands?

Life Tap to manage mana was still a thing last expansion. Terrible design, just an empty GCD every 40 seconds or so for no reason.

OP, they removed it, as you noticed.

Warlocks are the same as other DPS that have mana now, 'cept you don’t have spammable self heals that mana can be used to limit like Shamans, Paladins, Druids, etc.

1 Like

And that used to kill you if you used it too much. Same with Feign Death.

Good times.

the soulshard management seems easy idk maybe i just expected toi acualy USES stuf that restoresd mana lol hell i would be happy if stuff costed even 3% more of its current 226 cost now. i dont understand y i have all this mana right now and have no use for it. maybe im getting mad for no reason lol

Cries in arcane mage

Removed…
fire mages and boomkins don’t even have to worry about mana anymore and it ruined the game we used to know,
risk for reward, big cannon but easy death, no… not anymore.

2 Likes

Boomkins have astral power to manage now. You are talking utter bs.

2 Likes

For DPS casters, mana exists to limit your utilities. As a mage, for instance, if you spam too many shields and Blinks you’ll run out after a little while. If you’re a ret paladin and you try to spam heals you’ll run out. Etc.

Mana management? Sorry what game are you playing? This is modern wow, where meaningful gameplay mechanics are thrown into the scrap heap to make way for cosmetics and mounts. Because if they had mana management, they would not be able to appeal to every filthy casual who buys a 120 boost upon playing this trash heap for the first time.

2 Likes

Shows you don’t PvP as a healer. That Mana runs out quick!

imo its elitists like you who cause games to eventually die

no i dont lol

:stuck_out_tongue:

Back in Cata, think it was Cata at least, they decided mana management was not engaging gameplay for casters (aside from Arcane Mages I guess).

Mana management is now exclusive to healers and arcane mages.

1 Like