Man I'm really gonna miss this game

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/why-i-believe-were-not-getting-wotlk-era-servers

This is my perspective on Blizzards current stance with WotLK Era servers, in it I have 6 reasons and one of them is this.

Now while not entirely what you want to do with your character it’s essentially the same, you’ll log on for an hour or two, log off then not touch it again for days, then weeks etc. It’s just not profitable for Blizzard to make more than one Era server espeically when WotLK has the token, I believe that if WotLK didn’t have the token the potential of having WotLK Era servers might’ve been higher. Then again we didn’t get TBC servers so who knows.

Don’t take reason 3 personally, I used broad strokes and of course doesn’t apply to everyone the same way.

Yes, I think that the only way people will actually play Era servers is if there’s a spin on it (That’s actually my second reason). SoD and Hardcore are prime examples of this and they’ll likely continue so that Classic Era has players and isn’t a money sinkhole or rather, a ghost town.

I wouldn’t play WotLK Era servers but I also don’t care if they do add them, especially if the people that want it will be quitting anyway.

If WotLK Era servers were to be done, this is how it should be implemented, if you didn’t have to pay I’d honestly clone my characters there but otherwise I won’t.

Thank you, I don’t play Retail so playing Classic > WotLK is my first time and I’m looking forward to playing Cataclysm.

I don’t think they literally mean it’s a classic, I think everyone has a problem with each expansion that to them won’t be considered a classic game. It’s just the banner that the progression servers are under

1 Like