Malefic Core double failure

It’s about 100 a win, depends on rating. A lot of mages in guild spammed arenas when the rotation went around the first time to make sure they got their masterfuls.

M+ is also “infinitely farmable”, but the return on time investment is nowhere near as lucrative when an arena match can take like 2 minutes.

Still better than before though ain’t it?

This thread should be called, “I know you gave us what we asked for, but I’m angry that you did that!”

10 Likes

I never asked for this, cognitive dissonance strikes again.

5 Likes

There were at least half a dozen threads asking exactly for what they gave us. When I say we, I mean the collective we.

2 Likes

It was my post (with the 4k+ views) that got a Blizzard response to it about the malefic core catch up mechanic. Everyone in this thread redirect yourself to my post that Blizzard is replying in and reply to them with their response. Voice your concerns in that post and make it grow even stronger.

Link here: Blizzard! Your Malefic Core Catch up Mechanic is Becoming a Growing Concern For Every Further Week!

Link and quote the threads that explicitly requested Blizzard implement a system in which Echoes of Ny’alotha are used to purchase Malefic cores.

This isn’t a galaxy brain issue, players wanted the catch-up mechanics to… Catch-up. Not split how the spend echoes more thin.

2 Likes

I’d my issue here is, that it’s not even going to increase my playtime. I literally see alts at this point as level them and forget them til shadowlands. I’m telling anyone who asks me if its worth it coming back to wow to stay away until shadowlands. This is the worst alt friendly xpac theres been and all their “fixes” haven’t been fixes.

2 Likes

No u isn’t, we did. I’m sure most of us that complained about the Malefic core catch up are somewhat happy with this change.

1 Like

I’m sorry did you want Blizzard to flip your dongle around for you, pay your taxes, do your homework, AND walk your dog?

Like it’s never enough for you people! Never! Personally I kind of want them to revert it just to spite you.

Becsuse it seems you won’t be happy untill they’re serving you max geared alts on a silver platter.

6 Likes

Includes me. The community isn’t a monolith, and treating it like it is one is just silly.

Same. The 2 core cap per week keeps people away and me off my alts. I can see there are many who feel this way. Not sure why blizzard just ignores this issue.

The thread with the high amount of views that got the Blizzard response and hotfix already had it as one of the options in his OP. Please don’t try to bury it or divide the community.

Link here → *Please Delete This Thread* - #504 by Fatherfeely-azuresong

I’m not going to do your homework for you, but I do believe the poster before you did just that.
The time gate was removed. So now you are crying about the amount of grinding required to get what you want.

1 Like

Nope it means you can purchase as many as you want until you reach the cap you would have by now if you did them like those of us without alts…which is currently 92 Corruption Resistance.

The time gate has been removed? Still 2 cores per week

Which is weird, because these same people complain about timegates. Blizzard removes the timegates and lets players grind to their hearts content.

Now players complain about having to grind. I guess people just want WoD.

2 Likes

Time gate removed? I need clarification. Its 2 cores per week still right?

1 Like

Sure, I’ll take my subjective take on a topic and just not post about it since there’s another subjective thread by someone else about the same topic -pre-change- that resulted in my topic. Lol

they worded it really strangely and also put in

It will still be possible to earn up to two Malefic Cores per week by fully clearing a Horrific Vision and/or defeating N’Zoth the Corruptor on Normal difficulty or higher.

making it seem like you are still stuck at +6 a week, but now have 3 ways of getting cores instead of just 2.