Male Worgen have a new running animation

Even as an animator, It took some focus, as I never play male worgen, but I see the difference. When an arm goes back + up, it stays there for a moment, giving the whole animation a more realistic running “bounce” look. In the current animation, it goes forward immediately with no response like that.

It’s also one of Disney’s 12 principles of animation: anticipation.

3 Likes

Well shoot, as long as those who play Worgen can see it I suppose that is all that matters right? :slight_smile:

Glad that, from all the comments, everyone seems to be happy about this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Which I dislike. It’s too bright. I’m tired of flashlights.

This side by side comparison is great. I don’t play worgen but I love you used a DK so I could see the difference in the eyes! I’m really liking that change.

I’m happy for you! I see it a touch in the arm movement but as a non worgen player it’s not something I would have spotted. Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Predator, you say?

Guess I’ll have to have this playing as I run around.

1 Like

Cool, glad to know the dog arms won’t look nearly as stiff.

1 Like

Glad your enjoying it! always nice to see something positive on the forums even if its just a small thing

Still a weird leg wobble.

If it’s True OP…

Rejoice!

The current run animations is very strange. Thanks for the heads up!

You made a thread about losing interest in the game

The Worgen’s arms sway more in front of itself when running in the PTR than present.

I see a slight difference. Like maghar orcs the change looks better than the untested first version that somehow went live.

I wish we could get that style of glow without the whole DK part, they are so neat.

1 Like

The head doesn’t bob as much either. It’s an improvement.

The more these fellas look like actual monsters the better.

Do you have any videos on you by any chance?

I personally hope OP keeps up posted with whatever happens on the PTR

lots of stuff goes un-reported and it’s annoying

3 Likes

Very slight change but I do agree the PTR version looks… better? It’s barely a change, but it looks smoother. More real and a bit less stiff.

Good job to the animation team.

2 Likes

I was really hoping they’d tweak the females too, they seem to run with their heads so far forward I don’t know how they keep from falling on their face. Don’t get me wrong, I love the new models and I feel they’re superior to the old in every way, but if they could make tweaks to the men I’d hope they could do it for the women as well.

3 Likes

This is definitely a step in the right direction. However, male and female worgen “Run” animations are still too stiff and artificial, even after this recent change. There is a only a small amount of bending in the joints, and the acceleration of each step is too high, which causes the character to look like a rigid toy instead of a intimidating living creature. In both cases, the character appears to be gliding across a low-friction surface.

I truly hope a similar tuning pass is applied to the female worgen model. I feel that the model itself turned out very well, but the new running animation has been the most frustrating change I’ve experienced in my time playing this game. A variation of the “SwimWalk” animation (viewable on the WoWHead “Dressing Room”) is much more believable than what is currently in-game/on the PTR.

Fixing the male and female “Run” animation is absolutely the highest priority, but I am also incredibly unhappy with the new, reimagined versions of the animations “ReadySpellOmni” and “SpellCastOmni”. Both of these animations are used when a spell like Vampiric Touch is cast. I feel that it was an extremely poor idea for Blizzard to implement such polarizing changes for the new worgen models. I wanted my characters to remain the same after the model update. Blizzard’s forceful reimagination of important animations (with no way to opt-out) has been an extremely unsatisfactory decision. For passionate players, there should have been an option to use old animations, or to even to use old character models.

1 Like

worgens will never be seen like agressive predators and vile beasts because of certain group of people that sit in goldshire.

1 Like