Making Awakened/Season 4 type of patch more fun

Author’s note: While I understand that making changes to current season 4 might already be too late this is feedback targeted at the possibility it could still happen and if a season 4 type of content is released again in the futur.

By revisiting content that a lot of people might have done before S4 lack a lot of fun factor.
It doesn’t feel fresh so it needs a bit more to capture people interest.

While I think adding some type of new content would always be preferable and should be done to some point like adding a new dungeon or a mini-raid of 3 bosses, I also think S4 type of content should be a time to experiment with more stuff.

New systems or old systems brought back in a more balanced way could be an interesting way to play this season moreover when we haven’t got any of those systems for the whole expansion.

I think a lot of people like the last season to be a little more funky so why not bring back stuff like corruption, the titan trinkets from antorus or even some new/old legendaries to obtain.
We could even get a glyph system either like SoD or like before just to spice things up.

Bringing back some old raids, that would be scaled to be relevant difficulty-wise, that were loved in the past could also be a lot of fun for many players instead of doing the same old content we just did.
Thinking here of Firelands, Throne of thunder, Soo, Blackrock foundry, Nighthold, etc. just to name a few.

Also on the world aspect if we go back into an old raid it could be interesting to use that expansion world content for the patch. So if we went to WoD we could get the wod world bosses and tanann jungle scaled up. If we went to MoP we could get the Mop world bosses and timeless isle scaled up. Etc.

4 Likes