Make the rockbiter nerf real

With the announcement of mental dexterity, it is now the best time to push for changes on RB. They could work around RB by instead nerfing MD, but I believe nerfing RB is the superior solution because it keeps coming up as a problem, and some of us are sick of it.

phase 1: DW (as opposed to using one weapon) resulted in having each RB benefit both weapons, so you’d get gains that were disproportionate to other imbues. On top of that it would allow you to get more out of shamrage at the time. It didn’t help that it was the only way to do DPS even close to anyone else at the cost of constantly pulling threat.

phase 2: we had the same issue with RB and shamrage, and while shamrage was changed because of this, WF/RB was still the best option, which would make you do crazy threat. This threat was especially an issue on the last boss, even with alpha on the main tank. In PvP the best option is to go RB/RB + WoE, which would enable you to do insane immediate burst with SS and LL, while preventing you from dying in a stun during P2’s crazy high dmg meta. When you hear complaints about shaman in pvp, its usually in regards to this build.

phase 3: Hasn’t happened yet, and the RB nerfs have not been confirmed, but if they were to leave RB or MD as is, both enh shaman and ele would have crazy unnecessary SP bonus from running double RB, and many of people playing ele don’t want to have to run in and hit something once a minute to do the most dmg. I think I also speak for a lot of enhance shaman, especially the 2h ones, when I say I want to use windfury, and not be constantly locked into RB for maximum output. RB is boring, WF is a fan favorite. Since RB has been a pest for this long, it seems to me that the better fix would be to nerf RB instead of MD.

RB is an annoying tanking imbue that rudely makes its way into every phase as the best option. Before SoD, there was a lot of evidence, which went as far as using statistical analysis techniques, to show the imbues were surprisingly very balanced by design in terms of dps. SoD, while exciting, unfortunately shakes things up so much that we lose that balance between the imbues and makes changes like RB nerf desirable. Sort of like how RB was radically changed in TBC.

1 Like

I’m with you. I’m tired of dealing with Rockbiter being the best dps option when it’s supposed to be the tanking imbue. With the improved synergy between Lava Lash and Flametongue, I hope Rockbiter gets nerfed and the ideal setup is Windfury main hand and Flametongue offhand.