Make SOD Permanent OR Allow Xfers

Really, add the barbershop and transmog and color me happy.

SoD is a very fun iteration of Classic and I would love it if it became a perma-server.

Was SO disappointed not to get a Wrath Era… c’mon Blizzard.

5 Likes

Yes

no

6 Likes

Transmog with group loot was horrible. Everyone needed on gear just for the mog and players lost upgrades because of it.

It only works with personal loot, and I’m not sure that belongs in SoD

7 Likes

Hey, I can’t help the d*ck factor now can I? For the vast majority of players I played with over the last 20 years, we loved mog passionately.

1 Like

bring transmog!!!

2 Likes

yes transmog go away nerd

1 Like

You go back to retail.

10 Likes

literally dont even play retail xD i just wanna dress how i want

Then put on the gear you want to look and face the stat punishment.

8 Likes

i didnt know you were god? if they added transmog, just dont use it! why does my fun have to be limited to yours? grow up child!

3 Likes

Because it ruins gear in general. You and any person will be wearing fake gear. Fake gear makes an rpg feel less immersive. If you don’t agree play cata or retail.

Fake gear should give fake stats

7 Likes

retail seems to be doing just fine since cata with several expansions, its harm u claim didnt seem to amount to much other then give RPers more to have fun with their RPG. sorry! your flaccid argument isnt working here, because from what it sounds like, it would be a welcome addition where the detractors can just have an option to toggle it off or simply not use it at all! You just dont want people to have fun, how lame!

1 Like

Just look up many threads lol. Many people dislike transmog. Also that is bad logic. People naturally separated into the game mode they like, The people who like retail and transmog move to retail the people who like classic and no transmog move to classic. Is there overlap yes. But a significant portion prefer no transmog.
So go to retail if you want transmog.

If you’re here for RP retail has better support. Go there.

3 Likes

Also “fake gear” doesnt make for a good argument. Not to mention literally dozens of MMOs have adopted Transmog style systems and all benefit greatly from it as it adds another layer of fun gear pursuits and cosmetic engagement.

now let me fill you in on somthing that most people learned hopefully in their elementary school years. Just because you dont like somthing, doesnt mean no one else doesnt and because you dont like it, no one should have it!

1 Like

Other than not liking it, what’s the issue with transmog?

How does it even matter ? What’s “fake gear”?

3 Likes

Dozens of MMOs don’t have multiple versions of the game.

Literally the same to you like I said right above in the previous comment.

1 Like

more flaccid weak arguments! you live in a fantasy world. How or why does multiple versions matter exactly? if anything, having it would bring people to play the game from those other multiple versions! i know several people alone that would definetly come if they could transmog in classic, it hasnt been done there and would be very welcome if so!

And no, you have the option to not use transmog, so both parties would be happy. But your childish brain requires that people who want it cant have it because you dont want them to have it when u can simply engage in turning it off, selfish childish reasoning, no thanks!

It breaks immersion. When you see a player now in classic you know they are a pvper, a raider. Doing dungeons. In retail they farmed a raid 5 tiers ago wearing the same thing. It tells you nothing of that person. Classic is a game about World immersion not personal player immersion.

3 Likes

The successful ones do though… EQ1 and EQ2 both do.

DAoC had unofficial and supposedly an official one coming.

FF14 (maybe X1 too) did iirc

UO had different versions from the start

it does the opposite in breaking immersion, it only breaks your immersion.
it would allow me to dress in such a way that reflects my character’s style and RP, or otherwise for non rpers, looking aesthetically pleasing.

1 Like