Make Retail Better

So that people don’t want to play Classic. The playerbase is spread TOO THIN, man!

Game feels like garbage when there’s nobody playing. It’s an MMO and we’re all split between like 5 different “WoW’s”

I just don’t understand the direction anymore. It’s going to die at this rate, trending in the wrong direction.

12 Likes

Don’t worry, I already don’t want to play Classic; too tedious.

24 Likes

Before classic, we were all on one game though :frowning:

2 Likes

Retail players are spoon fed with QoL.

Classic players are spoon fed with nostalgia.

You can’t appease everyone, one thinks their game is better, the other thinks otherwise.

Classic players think retail is bad but they’re about to go to Cataclysm classic… How retail started to begin with.

Retail players don’t want to play classic because they cling on to their characters, even though they could start over in classic and get the things that was removed

5 Likes

I don’t see an issue with people having options for game modes. I’ve noticed a trend where it seems some people who play Classic don’t like retail and vice versa. So they have the version they like and others have a version they like.

And even on my low pop server, I see people all the time. Game isn’t dead.

Do you have any actual constructive suggestions on how to “make retail better?” You claim it’s “so bad,” but haven’t given any indication on why you think this.

13 Likes

Come to Moon Guard.

Srsly.

3 Likes

It’s a paradox… But Retail being so bad lately is making so many people ponder and “try” classic.

1 Like

Classic Cataclysm is gonna be like that too real soon. People forget Cataclysm was when blizzard slowly started to fall

Yeah… They really opened the door to all the other “classic” xpacs. They should have ended with Wotlk Classic. You’re right, Cata is basically the beginning of the new wow, and it really starts to make much less sense. Playerbase will divide even more.

1 Like

You remove classic and those classic players just go to a private server.

13 Likes

Before Classic, these players didn’t want to play Retail and wouldn’t even be around. Different options isn’t a bad thing. And making Retail more like Classic would probably push both groups away, if that’s what you’re getting at “improving Retail.”

Classic is for Classic, Retail is for Retail. Consider them different games rather than spreading the player base too thin.

8 Likes

I think retail is the best it’s ever been in 20 years but that’s just me.

7 Likes

‘lately’ Ive liked retail just fine.
SL and BFA are the stinkers that Im glad are in the rear view.
DF is what would keep me from trying classic, lol

1 Like

A huge minority of them, private servers are a pain to setup, and have risk of being banned.

2 Likes

My main thing with retail is there’s always a new season and I already feel done for some reason.

1 Like

Yeah, who cares if they get banned, if Classic isn’t there they quit. And while not all will go to a private server that doesn’t mean they have to play retail. Namely if they feel spited by Blizzard.

1 Like

No, we don’t want to play classic because it’s a boring auto attack simulator.

And why would we want to play the same game we played 15+ years ago? Do it all over again for what?

You spend weeks levelling for what? to do a raid get some gear then uninstall?

Yea no thanks, im not supporting blizz’s cash grab off nostalgia. you kids are the ones ruining retail giving them free money to play recycled content.

Bro, did you not see the latest sub graphs blizz released???

The sub numbers are growing! and when tbc and wotlk classic came out the sub numbers didn’t move at all which confirms no one cares about classic.

The current sub numbers for retail a year after expansion release is at an all time high, so no clue how you think the game is dying.

2 Likes

I don’t know what backwater you play on, but the game isn’t dead.

7 Likes

I did soup with like a 40 people multiple times this week
I did seige of donglebarg keep with 40 people this week
Valdrakken is full of people

Where is this dead game?

6 Likes

I don’t even know why my first character was a paladin.

Seal.
Auto Attack
Auto Attack
Auto Attack
Judgement
Seal

3 Likes