"Make Love not Warcraft" voted best South Park episode ever

There are actually almost no jokes that require playing WoW to understand. The episode doesn’t even use real gameplay mechanics as part of its plot. The closest that they get is that gif in the OP where the characters say some vague “video game sounding” stuff, but even then the joke isn’t what they’re saying, it’s how they’re saying it and the absurd scenario that they’re in (they’ve destroyed their lives to beat some guy in a video game.)

2 Likes

What we need is safe spaces in WoW, you can call it player housing.

it’s all that damn episode’s fault i’m addicted to world of warcrack, 16yrs ago.

3 Likes

I would say “i don’t think many people would see the episode and most likely get it even then”, but then again, they did changed a few obscure paintings in the game. :thinking:

Either their leaving this in because out of respect for the South Park team, or it hasn’t been made by the “bad guys” if you will.

1 Like

Well apparently, if it’s ‘positive’ emote, it doesn’t matter to Blizzard. Apparently to them, you don’t need consent for positivity, even if you don’t want it. :man_shrugging:

Mixed messages much Blizzard? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Same
/10char

Make Love Not Warcraft first aired in 2006, four years before Humans could be Hunters.

and yet…

1 Like

Why would they remove it?

There’s nothing in the episode that’s sexually demeaning or could be targeted harassment towards any Blizzard employees outside of management.

No one who worked at Blizzard had the time or Hermione’s Time Travel abilities to moonlight for any of the four production companies that have produced South Park and harassed Blizzard employees and subsequently been terminated.

The level of catastrophizing around here is off the charts-ridiculous at this point.

2 Likes

Same. I didn’t understand everything the first time I watched it but it was still funny.

1 Like

This was an excellent episode

1 Like

It was one of the things that pushed me over. I’d had friends trying to talk me into it for awhile.

Me and my friends started playing bc of this episode.

Ugh. God, I dislike South Park.

And that means ?

South Park is an icon just aside Ricky and Morty how close we are from Idiocracy universe getting real.

The Simpsons also did a pretty good “WoW” episode where Marge got hooked on it and Bart was terrorizing everybody in the town in PvP.

3 Likes

I love that WoW episode.

I am glad it won.

Boo. South Park is worm crud.

Ehhh… not far from reality.

lol should read – “Replace women with objects - 0/6”

1 Like