Make leveling matter again

Hmmm seems like leveling could be a lot quicker on The Wandering Isle.

Yeah I’m just seeing this.

I don’t think speed in terms of total time invested is necessarily the sole issue. It’s the feel and pace. And I’m not alone on this. A comment from wowhead hits the nail right on the head:

Honestly, at point are we just given a free option to select if we want to start with a max level character or not?

With they always making it quicker to get to max level, the time you play from level 1 to current expansion goes so quick. Even for the most casual or newest player, leveling is so fast that they don’t learn anything about their class, spec, or role. They hit the current expansion as clueless as if they had just bought the character at the expansion’s starting level, and they’re basically naked since they level too fast to gain appropriate rewards.

It really gets to a point where, eventually, leveling will just be a useless time sink for experienced players, and a pointless barrier to entry for new players.

At this point, literally what’s the point in leveling other than a non-value-add time sink and indirect money grab? Pre-expansion is entirely defunct in terms of character progression and gear.

I think adding past expansions to the “remix” formula might be a thing soon, if the MoP one goes well. That could be a cool way to level.

Really hoping that’s the intent here. But even that is ultimately just another background fix because it further fragments the main games socio economy. Id prefer they bring life to old content, not effectively archive it.

This makes me happy.

The primary purpose of twinking was to grief BG’s.

Again, happy it’s dead!

Ah the fresh horror of realizing pant/shoulder enchants are entirely pointless now because

a) they require a character at a 30+ level to use the enchant
b) the enchant cannot be applied above a certain ilvl but
c) heirlooms and current gear are scaled above said ilvl by the time a character can enchant them

Magical nonsense in this game pre level cap, truly

1 Like

Whole heartedly agree to this as well as if they will keep the current system then scale all the old gear up to current content levels so we arent stuck grinding the same 10 dungeons over again with crappy drop rates.

1 Like

Truth. I do go back to old content but I have a farming purpose, for a mog or mount.