Make leaving bannable

its a old but valid tactic for stuff like dawnbreaker or widespread hated 5 mans. ive seen people pop offline when unpopular 5 mans come up. its alt f4 or just “kick me” and id just kick to save everyones time.

Of course you do.

Pretty sure almost nobody thinks it’s fancy. lol

Because its not a good thing. Only glad bags think its a good idea.

Not really, it can happen and has happened but not really in a direct way most of the time. We use channels that they can watch.

They can, but I’d rather someone leave if they have to than to bring harsher penalties on everyone when there are better options.

if its a normal or heroic its lower stakes who really cares you will get a replacement in seconds. its lower qued content that wont matter in a month

It’s a good idea and can easily be accomplished, but you have a one track mind and cannot possibly understand this, even with all of the examples that have been presented.

I don’t believe that you haven’t left a dungeon prematurely because you didn’t get the item that you wanted after this.

I dislike this idea. I like looking at the dungeon journal and knowing which bosses to focus on killing or switching loot specs for. If you put all loot at the end, you defeat the purpose of loot specs.

Got ya. That’s interesting.

I think blizzard uses bans and nerfs to heavily and it’s afflicted the playerbase with a similiar mindset. Unfortunatly when a good idea comes a long such as make dungeon loot like M+ all at the end or increase rewards, its drowned out, and blizz isn’t as active on here or puts out any information as much as us players would hope. I’ll prob just make my own thread

What if it’s the tank? What if it’s the healer? What sense does it make to have people wait, in the middle of a dungeon, for a tank or healer, just because these people decide to leave prematurely, and in an easily determined position, such as at a boss?

at least with m+ if you dont get the piece you want you have another chance from the vault. one boss on a rando heroic you dont get the second chance.

The best solution is to increase valor stones and to make all rewards drop at end of boss.

Putting a punishment changes nothing.

If you cant comprehend that then you dont have any idea what you are talking about.

I honestly dont care what you think. I have been farming rep and professions. I clear heroics in 12-15 minutes. I have no need to leave

They can then make better healer or tank rewards, the satchel is a good start but I think is too weak.

agree satchel is a joke. not big enough of carrot. offer a token for a 2nd chance at loot from the heroic. or just make the satchel offer 2 pieces of gear to the tank straight up instead of 1 like the buff from DF which gave 2 pieces of loot

This is incorrect. Loot specs still matter at the end of dungeon, you just don’t get to do it boss by boss basis, but that’s not really hurting anyone as much as the other ideas are. Its the best to make of a trivial situation.

Well by leaving repeatedly because they didn’t get the loot they wanted (or a chance at the loot they wanted) they made it pretty clear that they’re not interested in actually doing group content once it no longer benefits them.

To which I say, bring on the bans, because folks need to learn that’s not okay.

We’ll have to see if the upcoming change to the deserter debuff does the trick but if it doesn’t? Bring down the hammer.

1. nobody does group content once it no longer benefits them.

2. Banning has its friendly fire affects be careful what you wish for

3 this game is suppose to be fun and for people to enjoy. Making a solution that is enjyed by 98% of the people is better thsn tht of 50%

1 Like

a yes, it’s a good thing to raise that 5 min que to 50+ all because you want to force people to stay.

the irony of this is HILARIOUS.
you’re just as toxic as them lil bro, if not more so.

???
ever since dungeon finder has existed you had people who left for any reason. What actual crack are you smoking?

2 Likes

A fair point, I’ll add that to the second drawback to loot at the end of the dungeon.

These are still minor compared to the morally bankrupt option of banning people for leaving, or ramping penalties.

You clearly do, which I appreciate.

This would be a sound decision, and one that I would get behind, but it leaves the idea of a boss dropping loot by the wayside. I.E. if I kill a boss, it makes sense that I would immediately receive a reward.

1 Like