Make healing rain insta cast

Well yeah, 12 edits later, what would you expect lol

In PvP it makes sense. If you PvP it’s there. PvE isnt unpredictable so there isnt a need for it to be instant.

Learn to be proactive and this becomes more of a non-issue than it already is

While we’re on the topic of changes to Healing Rain, perhaps they could make the telegraphed area a bit more evident so as to encourage tanks to stay in it more.

2 Likes

Naturally flow it into your rotation, 6 GCD can be made during the time its casted, to be casted again. Also Nature’s swiftness can make it instant (Paired really well with S2 Tier) But realistically if you aren’t making the most out of Healing rain you are missing out on an extra 20% from Deluge which is at the top of the Shaman Talent Tree.
For PvP howerver, having no cast time makes sense as there aren’t long periods of time spent in one spot in comparison to raid/dungeon encounters.

I wouldn’t mind this to be honest.

First time hearing this. I do this quite often actually, either Healing rain, or Chain heal is used by NS exclusively. I only cast Healing Wave when harvesting the Primordial Wave benefit after I have so many casts of Riptide out, but that also depends if im using Flow of the Tides or not to consume those riptide charges.

Irrelevant, everyone has input that is valuable.

A visual update would be nice, I believe the last time there was a rework done on Healing rain animation it was during WoD right? I could be wrong there.

Thanks for your feedback Dyse. Bringing some maturity to stabilize and balance the thread(from dipsticks like me lol)

I agree. Its affected by deluge which makes it feel solid. I don’t have a problem with using it in PvE, it’s much more of a PvP issue. In PvP I’ve used it, and I really like what it brings in terms of sustain, but the frenetic pace and high mobility of retail PvP makes instant cast almost a requirement. Like I previously mentioned, taking the pvp talent is rough when you have almost required things like grounding totem, healing tide reduced CD, static field totem, burrow, etc.

Also, shamans don’t really have an emergency button when stunned or CC’d like other healers do. To combat that we try to keep down a healing stream totem and even pre-emptively drop a healing tide totem if we know there’s a CC chain coming. I think healing rain can make a big difference here. Pre-emptively keeping down a healing rain down to give the team a bit of sustain when you’re locked down in a stun.

Okay, I stand corrected. Noted. Are you talking more PvE for this rotation? I could see this in PvE. I think maybe I’ll try it with master of elements(20% increased nature healing/damage after instant lava burst proc) and deluge together. In PvP however, I don’t think I would use that combo. I’ve only seen players pair NS with P-wave and Healing Wave combo. Maybe sometimes if its an absolute emergency you would: P-Wave → NS----> Unleash life----> Healing Surge to a single target. You see how the P-wave combo’s can get clunky though. You’re talking about 3-4 global’s in a bind. Anyway, Ill take the humble pie on this one.

I think we just got annoyed because we felt like the poster in mention wasn’t engaging in a meaningful dialogue. Just cherry picking and shooting things down to be a contrarian. The poster did write a more constructive response after their initial posting though.

A big part of healing rain for me is the “feel” of the ability. I love the water based aspect of Resto shaman. The sound and visual of healing rain is among my favorite in the game. An update would be nice. I hope it would just be an improved version of what it is now, because I already love it.

2 Likes

All we have right now is Thunderstorm and that only goes so far, Especially considering…

These pvp talent options are far better, it is a lot of premeditation in order to maintain survival.

Yes, sorry I didn’t clarify properly there.
Master of Elements is a great way to also pull extra heals out off your Flame Shock procs as long as you’re talented in Lava Surge, If you talented into Torrent you can really pull some strong Riptides as well.

I agree it is clunky to push NS > UL > HS in order to initiate, there’s a large opportunity to get silenced for nature spells given that time you get the cast off on Healing Surge there, or even through the cast of Healing Rain. No humble pie needed my buddy, There are still things I’m figuring out too.

Ahh a fellow enjoyer of culture, Love to see it. Even making Overflowing shores into the baseline effect of Healing rain, as Tide Waters from S2 was really good for Resto Shaman, it played heavily into reaping more benefit from Undercurrent.

For our S3 build going into S4, I’d like to see healing rain to be added to the 2pc spell list to add Tidal Resevoir, and maybe shave 0.5 off the cast time (Kinda iffy on this at the same time, maybe too little or too much based on haste %)

1 Like

I had an idea a while ago, where instead of it being the targeted healing rain, what if it was a aoe heal cast onto another player. So basically a “rain cloud” would follow them around. Then having a cast time and a cd wouldn’t feel so bad, and it would also make it more usable in pvp.

2 Likes

Yeah I fully get that. Its not like a massive issue, this is how the spell has always worked. The only reason I suggest it is because currently I pvp more than pve, and secondly, I’d love to see them lean in even more to the whole totem aspect of the class fantasy.

3 Likes

Solid idea not gonna lie, that would play into Travelling Storms extremely well.

Completely understandable, It would be nice to reposition healing rain once after it was cast or stack it as mentioned by Tonkinmystic, but your AoE idea is definitely something i’d like to take advantage of, easily a large benefit from that.

1 Like

Also, and I’m certain I didn’t dream this, but I’m sure at one stage enhancement had access to healing rain, you could cast it with maelstrom stacks and storm strike increased its duration. But I’m old now and my memory is shot. But that would be better than chain heal for enhancement I reckon.

1 Like

It sounds familiar but mostly Maelstrom weapon, I haven’t spent a large amount of time with Enhancement aside a few bouts in MoP and S2 DF, Major respect to those who play Enhancement, very large skill curve.

I’d love to see Healing Rain be instant cast! Most times in dungeons/raid players move out of it, even when I carefully plan to place it and try to think ahead it still has to be recast again. When Healing Rain is cast another time it should replace the previous cast, and not overlap, and if I the healer want to use more mana to move it, then that’s my choice but having it cast-able makes it clunky.

Let’s look at other healer ground targeted spells that are insta-cast:

Preservation Evoker: Emerald Blossom
Resto Druid: Efflorescence
Holy Priest: Sanctuary
Holy Paladin: Consecration (talented with healing Golden Path)
Monk: Jadefire Stomp
Disc Priest: Power Word Barrier (it’s a defensive, but ground targeted non the less)

imo Healing Rain should be instant cast with no pre-cast nonsense, it’s a drop it and move on to my rotation kind of spell, then recast as needed. There should not be anymore complexity for simply placing this spell on the ground.

3 Likes

You omitted my quote of his suggesting that our points weren’t valid because we don’t play resto. I was simply pointing out the irony, not suggesting any that his previous points weren’t valid.

1 Like

Another thing I would add is that NS is great for mana conservation when paired with Chain Heal. One cast alone provides more mana back than just about an entire dungeon of mana spring (in 5 man content). While it could be paired with Healing Rain, I think you’d get more efficiency with Chain Heal.

Either the cast time should go or the cooldown.

I maintain that ground targeted abilities that have a cast time are clunky to use, so I would prefer the cast time gone. It’s not like resto shaman is in danger of not needing to cast…

5 Likes

I support this. And I agree that the cd is a reasonable restriction to include on it. At a minimum they should reduce to cast time significantly.

2 Likes

Cata is last I remember.

1 Like

Preferably the cast time. Like you said, cast time for an Aoe spell that lasts 10 secs is whack. I’d be okay with a cast time if it lasted 30 seconds and you could move it around.

2 Likes

Yet there are so many of those types of abilities in game without people complaining about it?

Years ago, the mages constantly “complained” about not having the spell invisibility. Going back to literally 2005 when I was in 7th grade. They were relentless. They didn’t care who told them it was stupid, or you don’t need it or you’re just whiners. They didn’t care. They wanted it. They thought it was a cool part of mage lore that existed in other fantasy’s. The developers ignored them for awhile…until they didn’t. They got what they wanted. This is the case for a multitude of other changes for other classes as well. They have the forums here and other channels where players communicate with developers. Most of the time, it doesn’t do much. But sometimes…it does.

That’s their prerogative. If they want to advocate for change, they can. We’re asking for it. This isn’t new either. This comes up every few months and its not adding some major ability like invisibility either. It’s relatively minor.

Reduce cast time or make Healing Rain instant 100%. Make Downpour instant 200%.

2 Likes