Make First Blood Baseline

At this point just give me a blue text, atleast say no and end this convo fam please

15 Likes

Here’s to hoping tomorrow brings good news…

May First Blood be baseline and Bloodlet an option once more!

14 Likes

first blood baseline before SL

18 Likes

Let’s go about this in a slightly different way. Instead of the chorus of make first blood baseline. I’m going to try this…

Please reduce the fury cost of blade dance to what first blood is.

Then we don’t need first blood at all and it can be replaced with another engaging talent.

4 Likes

Why tho???

5 Likes

Satire

Make First Blood Baseline.

14 Likes

That’s my favorite way to sat

Wut.

First blood baseline

13 Likes

still waiting blizz…

enilesab doolbtsrif ekam

9 Likes

It would be so rad…

If you made first blood baseline.

16 Likes

If you don’t take the first blood talent you don’t press blade dance/death sweep, period. Not on St, not on aoe, not as a defensive to dodge an attack (thanks blizz for that wonderful change /sarcasm). 1/3rd of our rotational abilities just cut out completely. A talent should never be required in order to be able to use one of your abilities and without it you turn into a literal 2 button class.

So yeah, first blood needs to either become baseline or blade dance needs one hell of a buff. How there are still people saying first blood shouldn’t be baseline is beyond me.

Edit: Checking out the wowlogs so far, top talents are current demon blades and cycle of hatred. Demons bite is also removed from the rotation. Literally a one button class now, LMAO. If they wait till SL launch to address this I fear there wont be any dhs left.

16 Likes

Don’t forget this thread, this is more crucial now as many of you are starting to see how cycle is actually best and we will not even cast blade dance single target with that talent. Please make first blood baseline blizz, and replace it with bloodlet.

12 Likes

Ahahhahhahhaha.

I doubt it will happen now. We had our chance to give good feedback, with thought out suggestions for solving the issue standing in the way from making this happen but we waisted it. LOL.

*dies laughing *

I hate it when I waist opportunities

9 Likes

I still haven’t pre-ordered SL. I’m holding out for First Blood

8 Likes

Making First Blood baseline would really help get this class moving in the right direction.

12 Likes

I know that this can’t happen this close to shadowlands, but I would love to see some change in havoc that makes our aoe rotation different from our single target rotation. You know, like EVERY OTHER SPEC IN THE GAME?

4 Likes

Exactly this, with cycle likely scaling much better due to its synergy with Demonic First Blood won’t be taken, which means Blade Dance won’t be used at all, which means Trail of Ruin also won’t be taken. Until they fix Glaive Tempest scaling with mastery Unbound Chaos becomes the go to talent on that row. Aaaaand suddenly the rotation becomes DB/CS spam while hitting IA and EB on cooldown once every ~20 seconds, followed by an awkward to place Fel Rush. That rotation is somehow both boring AND potentially awkward due to latency messing up unbound chaos.

First Blood being baseline and replaced with bloodlet wouldn’t just help the baseline rotation feel more complete, it also is essential for allowing a diversity of viable builds/play styles. It wouldn’t just bring choice back to the lvl 40 talent row, but would create more viable choices in the 30, 45, and 50 rows as well.

11 Likes

It’s not too late. I will keep asking for First Blood to be baseline at least until Shadowlands is released.

9 Likes

Yep, First blood and bloodlet opens up a ton more diversity in builds for an incredibly simple change. I just don’t understand how they could print the chaos theory legendary while first blood is a talent and not baseline. It is literally saying use an only aoe spell for a 10% CHANCE at a single target damage boost. It is incredibly silly.

14 Likes

Another beta build, another week without First Blood baseline, or any meaningful changes to DH. Yet I am still here, foolishly holding on to hope.

14 Likes