Make Essences account wide

+1 to this. Essences killed my will to play BFA. But silver lining is it’s made me catch up on BC and WotLK reps. So there’s that.

1 Like

Except some " alts " aren’t really side projects. There’s people like myself who runs three or more classes to fill voids in a given raid team. If I’m on my DK and the raid needs a Warlock I have one. If they need a Hunter I have one of those too. I can see the point if someone has a million alts and they’re complaining about it but the system really screws over people who make other characters for the benefit of whatever team they run with.

2 Likes

I agree with the OP.

Having said that, I never play my alts in a manner in which they’re anything more than a set of professions for me to max each expansion.

It would be nice to have the cool stuff unlocked via my main, but I don’t take the alts seriously enough to do the work to unlock it.

If I want to play some alts, I’d have to grind 50,000 Honor in BGs to do so.

I’d have to grind Exalted with Rustbolt to play my healers.

Etc. Things like this are NOT happening. Period. End of story.

I’m choosing instead to end my subscription when I finish collecting the pets and such on my main that I need until the next major patch comes out than play my alts.

This is bad for Blizzard, and they need to see it. Alt players are going to choose to end their subscriptions than keep playing.

2 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t mention the 50k honor bg thing since I really didn’t need it on my healer alt, and I also find bgs to be fun sometimes to spam. Edit: unlike rep grinding lol.

Most BGs give less than 1000 honor per BG. Which means that’s over 50 BGs. I don’t mind BGs. But the amount you need is ridiculous, considering you need to do it on multiple alts. I don’t even have rank 3 on my main yet.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree I wouldn’t do it again. I know how long it takes, I got it already on my druid.

No. Expansion long items/abilities of power have never been account wide and never will be. It takes little to no effort to get rk1 essences unlocked for your alts.

I wouldn’t have a problem with it personally if it wasn’t time gated.

My idea would be to make Essences up to rank 2 account-wide so you have to do SOMETHING on each character in order to get the best one.

What items like this werent time gated? None of them.

The premise that something should always be the way that it was is a bad one.

so is the premise that you think your alts should be on par with your main.

Did I say that? No, I want to be able to work for them, but not have to be timegated into waiting 20 days to get my alt up to par.

At bare minimum having the basic version of the essence be account wide, would make the system a lot more Alt friendly.

Its also kind of lol that Blizzard did so many things in setting up BFA in the name of removing Legion’s alt unfriendliness in Artifact Power, but then do this.

You can get rk1 of pretty much every essence in under a week…

It will take you 1 reset to get rk1 of pretty much everything…

I’m going for rank 3, I can’t stand to not be min-maxed. Probably something bad I picked up from other games that actually let you grind.