Make Covenant aesthetics set in stone and Covenant abilities swappable

You pledge yourself to your Covenant for the mogs and zone aesthetics/story, and make all Covenant abilities unlockable via questing and/or achievements etc. Once unlocked they are account-wide.

Like essences, you can swap whichever Covenant ability you want, but you only get one at a time. Rework Conduits that buff specific Covenant abilities, or just make them generic.

We’re all working against a common enemy here. The Covenants should lend you their power to help you fight, regardless if you “belong” to them.

11 Likes

That’s like saying BK should give me a Whopper, but put it in a hotdog bun. Not gonna happen.

2 Likes

Oh look another one of these…

This was discussed to death and Blizzard’s answer was no.

6 Likes

Umm, that’s how I always get my Whopper - BK my way, right away!

1 Like

You might be on to something!

3 Likes

Mcdonald’s has been using fresh, not frozen, beef for the past nine years, just saying.

Sure but will they put that Big Mac on a hotdog bun?

1 Like

Like… 90% confident if I were to ask BK to do that they would…

2 Likes

Unlike BK, Mcdonald’s doesn’t sell hot dogs.

Think the problem is these are set up like legion class halls with a lot of linked content.

The content matters, the rewards matter and any class can use any hall for both.

1 Like

Yeah, and people are saying that Blizzard is stupid and they should change their answer. Y’know. Like they did with the GCD change, and pvp scaling stat templates. Because those were equally stupid decisions.

1 Like

You can just bring your own hotdog bun. Also your meat-to-bun ration would be out of whack here man. That means nothing in terms of your analogy to extend this convo but seriously.

You could probably ask this, and, assuming they had hot dog buns, they’d probably accommodate.

Also, this is a really bad analogy. It’s up there with some of the worst, and we had a pretty recent king:

“Americans rooting against their president’s health makes about as much sense as betting big on a chess tournament in which you plan to play pawns against monarchs.”

2 Likes

Oh my god dude what kind of analogy is this. It doesn’t make any sense. Did you just type words until it sounded like an analogy?

In the context of Shadowlands lore it makes complete sense. You are really tight with all of the covenants.

3 Likes

This is what I’m really trying to get at.

I see what their idea was with the Covenants and I still think there should be exclusive cosmetic rewards tied to them, but they should not drastically effect actual game play.

It goes along with the lore that because you didn’t pledge yourself to them, you don’t get to have anything that marks you as being one of them. But for the good of their own house and the entirety of the Shadowlands, they will lend you their power if you need it once you have shown you have what it takes to be like them, even if you didn’t choose to be so. You’re going to spend time with each Covenant anyways, you just have to go back and prove yourself more to them.

Then anyone can use any ability to do any part of the game they want with any class/spec.

2 Likes

Than I think they should provide a reason instead of just repeating the request.

Oh so because they changed their mind in some systems an expansion later therefore they will change their mind now… Why are you ignoring all the times they didn’t change their mind?

I have nothing against pvp templates. I’m 100% against pvp scaling and blizzard didn’t announced any changes to it. GCD changes are not being completely rolled back, and I never cared about them.

I think they should just rip all this borrowed power junk out (soulbinds and conv abilities), leave the travel skills (blood mirror and fox thingy etc) those are fine, and just make the covenants change the way your abilities look. e.g Venthyr DK’s death and decay is that blood mist instead of the what it normally looks like. And, just fine tune the specs. Bake in some of the BFA stuff e.g. the Magus of the Dead for DK’s etc. Coz, artifact power in Legion, along with the silly token things for the weapons… then more artifact power in BFA for HoA AND Essences AND corruption made the game way more laborious than fun to play… It’s just a drag man… And clearly it’s a major problem for them too.

Which doesn’t make sense . All the covenants are working together . Matter of fact their are no conflicts with each other . All the conflicts are internal .

1 Like

Yes it is a pretty bad analogy. I was just feeling silly. But it sparked up a better conversation compared to the old “make covenants cosmetic/RP only.” Because that is basically what the OP is asking for by separating the ability from the covenant.

We should be able to choose between covenants, convents, and covens.