Make Archaeology Great! or at least better

Hello all, I wanted to post an idea and get some feedback. I know it seems Archaeology is forgotten by Blizzard esp in the most recent Xpac. However, I had an idea to make it more like you were working for something rather than just random pop solve chance. YES, I’m going for the tol’vir mount. I know a lot have and a lot of people still are.

My Ideas

1. Make it like timewalking I can collect restored artifacts and instead of buying crates have Brann sell the rares for set numbers of restored artifacts. That way you feel like you are working towards a goal. As it sits now you just never know where your at and really what you are working towards. At least even if the mount of 2000 restored artifacts you could have an end goal.

2. Second idea would be to make it so the rares pop at set number of solves and not random times. Some people pop rares every 20-50 solves where as others go 100 to 200 solves with no rares. Make it less RNG and more set so you could at least work through the races and have goals again to reach.

I have farmed out the mount on one account already and I’m going for it on a second. the first time I got it after I think 180 solves I know to some that is lucky and to others not lucky at all. I just feel the profession as a lot of potential to tell lore and hidden lore about the races but you just get so burnt out by it that it make it very unenjoyable. Please leave me your comments and ideas as well and maybe Blizzard and make some improvements.

1 Like

Archaeology, fishing, and cooking really need a major re work.

The only thing I would worry about with archaeology is preserving the current rarity of items. And if your going to go with a puzzle approach, it CAN’T be a puzzle like Make Loa Go, where you solve it once and then it’s just a horrible time wasting interface for two years. BfA was a downgrade from legion for what ever reason.

Fishing needs skill points to matter and to matter past point cap. Semi and supper rare catches, faster better catches with higher skill. Something that makes gear, bobbers and lures matter.

Cooking, while they all have a “designed in a spread sheet” feel to them, cooking gives the strongest impression of this. It just needs something more and unique to it. It is nice to have the META stat food be simple and easy to mass produce but costly feasts need to outperform the stat foods ( This flipped mid expansion with secondaries out performing primary stats so not only were feast more cumbersome to create they provided less benefit ) Maybe more oddball mog effects and situational bonuses with tougher crafts and prerequisite crafts.