Make An'she/Belore A Thing

Not sure if it’s already been brought up but I thought the sun and moon were eyes of the Earthmother. Still deities in themselves but sort of a father, son, holy spirit arrangement.

1 Like

Yeah but Musha was confirmed to be Elune. An’she is still up on the air.

I’m not happy about the Horde getting a Light God as I firmly believe the Light should be a primarily Alliance theme.

Why not get a new God that actually plays off Horde themes instead of trying to subvert Alliance themes for Horde use?

2 Likes

Nah it usurps that expectation because increasingly Elune is shaping up to be the Alliance First One.

So you have the “Light Hero Faction” getting the “Dark Lunar First One” while the “Dark Anti-hero (in theory) Faction” gets the “Light Solar First One”

It’s a cool parallel reversal of expectation,and allows for the implementation of cool light-as-death themes found in the cultures I mentioned.

Plus just look at the images I posted, you have to recognize how cool it looks.

13 Likes

Meh I just disagree, I’m tired of themes being distributed because Blizzard is too lazy to give the Horde their own cosmic identity.

Tauren should be using Solar magic and Blood Elves should never have stopped being Light Leeches.

Just make the Spirit Element more important in the cosmological scale instead.

1 Like

But Spirit™ doesn’t really serve as a parallel to Elune as she’s been constructed. Spirit within the narrative is also very Life Force and Nature Magic centric.

What aesthetic could you use for such a thing that isnt solar and builds upon existing myths of the Horde races?

1 Like

Elune doesn’t necessarily need a direct counterpart.

Wouldn’t Horde players resonate better with the Elements and Spirit? Why not make the Earthmother an actual thing?

I’m not versed enough in Horde themes to suggest an aesthetic Horde players would like. I just think we’d all be happier if each faction had its own dominion over a certain force. Blizzard just needs to scale up some of the other cosmic forces.

2 Likes

I mean in the above An’she Concept, he’s the Forger and thus responsible for elements and their interaction in the universe

Yes but like

• Orcish Shamanism = originally Shadowmoon based (Lunar)
  • Troll society = blood magic has Red Moon themes (Sun causing Lunar Eclipse) and a lot of Sun motifs
  • Tauren worship Earthmother and her two eyes Musha ie Elune ie Moon and An’she ie the Sun
  • Belves are Solar
  • Horde Pandaren use red? Red is fire? Fire sun? Idk lmao
  • Vulpera are a desert people ie Sun
  • Nightborne use Lunar motifs
  • Goblins are engineers, so An’she as Smith could work
  • etc
1 Like

The Earthmother is currently being played off as Azeroth herself, at least according to Baine. I’m sure that would cause some people to be miffed if the actual planet they live on suddenly started favoring the Horde.

That being said, depending on how the Titans fit into all of this Aggramar is another name worth tossing around. Big warrior guy, kinda a bad boy, corrupted by the Legion for a hot minute, and is directly responsible for the creation of Grond who would eventually give rise to the Orcs. (Grond -> Colossals -> Gronn -> Ogron -> Ogres -> Orcs). Guy seems to have some sort of elemental manipulation going, so he could be a neat tie into Shamanism.

However, I’d still put my preference on An’she.

10 Likes

I think my issue then is Solar translating into the Holy Light.

Is the origin of all Light not the Suns of each world? Who shines upon all regardless of faith and belief?

Holy Light metaphysics can simply have been established by An’she as a way of helping those who did not simply take what is freely given from the sky, so he and Elune created the Naaru as agents of the Holy Light for those who refused the the Light of the Sun and Moon.

1 Like

Yah Azeroth from all we can see is the Earthmother.

And that’s what I meant, Balar, it’s already starting: It’s felt to be just a “Because Alliance might have it (not necessarily has it, I mean, we don’t know what Elune is yet), the Horde wants it too.”

It’s a desire born solely out of the Elune mythos, and it only serves an Equality.

I think it depends on what Suns in WoW actually are? Like are they balls of fire or are they actually the cosmic force of Light?

1 Like

Imo that’s what is missing and needed. The Sun’s are revealed to be masses of pure Light shining upon all independent of belief, it gives nuance to the whole situation.

2 Likes

You’re still destroying not only the Elune mythos with it, but meanwhile as the origin of light everything around the light religions, which are a strong alliance theme.

Yeah, sure, that’s what the world of Warcraft needs. A plot on the back - only the back - of the Alliance, as their “core religions” are either completely mirrored, or their entire religious themes unceremoniously become an “Everything is An’She”.

Yes, that certainly makes sense, yes, yes, exactly. Slowly it is really bad how blatant the envy speaks from you, envy of a fictional deity and the faction to which this apparently belongs.

1 Like

I don’t think the mythos behind the Tol’vir sun priests and kings is really explained, but that would be cool if it was the same as An’she.

11 Likes

so giving the Tauren, a race as old as the night elves their own deity is taking from the alliance to you? Then perhaps the Tauren shouldn’t even consider Elune to be Mu’shu to you cause that just takes from the alliance religions. Hell just invalidate the Tauren entire religion and say everything they worship doesn’t exist, Elunes the only God in Warcraft.

With the first ones being architects of reality, and elune seemingly being one of them what’s so wrong with validating other in game religions?

17 Likes

Yeah in another thread he said this:

2 Likes

It defacto does:

The light is a religion since WC2(WC1 was still about the god, so that was changed anyway).

Elune is a religion since WC3, read it again just because you are for it, it does not mean that any criticism of it is unfounded.

Earth Mother is their main deity.

I don’t mind another First One, but to just mirror this and virtually make an Elune 2.0 move here is what bothers me. It’s the same, and only serves to be the same so that the horde also has the same thing, instead of getting something of their own, just a carbon copy.

This is still correct:

Let’s start with your other examples here in the thread:

carboncopy of cenarius background

again a elune 2.0 move, did you don´t get it, why is allways another elune your goal, make your own thing, yeah, but did take things away from other, is that so impossible?

You see, he even says here, it’s just about an Elune-like character on the Horde side, it’s not even about taking any story forward really, it’s just about the faction pen**

1 Like