Make alts hard to gear again

make it annoying af to gear alts so people dont just boost the fotm bullsh*t and inflate the ladder with it. as much as i love queing into outlaw, dh, warlock every game, i’d rather not. cata can’t come soon enough. retail is garbage

2 Likes

It didn’t stop people in BFA.

11 Likes

Got bad news for you in cata. The meta will be known as soon as they announce the patch tuning it will use

However unlike every expac bar mop and wod, you can actually outplay anyone with anything and the strongest comp still requires timing and tripple cc setups to win in the first 30 seconds of the game or they just die.

Unfortunately, it is human nature to take the path of least resistance.

1 Like

Common sense would tell me that the problem doesn’t lie with the ease of alt creation, but moreso the failure of blizzard to adequately tune the outliers in a timely manner.

And that’s not to mention that a large portion of the player-base still plays this 20 year old game as much as they do BECAUSE they can play alts and keep it fresh by trying different specs.

6 Likes

hes playing a shaman hes good

1 Like

More rerolls means it’s hard to deny there’re OP outliers

Also, screw combat advantage grinds. It’s 2024. There’s nothing new or fulfilling about 20 years of gear grinds. Combat advantages should finally be normalized one way or another.

No thanks. Love being able to play alts.

3 Likes

nah just make the talent trees 100+ points so people can’t be bothered having 10 different builds for 10 different lobbies with 10 different classes.
Hero talents will probably drive a pretty big wedge in fotm rerollers if they balance them properly and you’re meant to swap between them depending on matchups.

That’s good idea. One of reasons I was sad they implemented those changes was exactly this.

On the other hand I can just farm elite mog on alts and quit.

Times when gearing was upgradable in pvp were the most fun times for me.

No stop talking and play the game.

2 Likes

Had to grind through an entire seasons worth of pvp chests, farm visions, farm a dungeon/raid for Geti’ikku/PvE items, level heart of azeroth, farm essences for hoa, unlock azerite traits on gear, and cherry on top was hitting max level just as your desired corruptions rotated out and waiting for them to rotate back up. Yet we still had an endless supply of DH’s with double tank trinkets and Destro locks hitting you with 3 bolts in a 1 second dr’d conflag root.

3 Likes

Copium. People just didn’t play as good as they do now. Even in Legion/BFA we didn’t use such advanced weak auras.

Also it’s not gearing’s fault that it took Blizzard 1,5 month to tune down Havoc. Imo they should react faster even if there is AWC on horizon. The fact that we have to deal with Havoc in such state is ridiculus. Making alts more difficult won’t change anything. People will still create them and fotm reroll no matter what. It’s more about reacting to fotm and tuning things down. You cannot infinetely buff specs.

I had the same weakauras in Legion. I can’t really think of anything major that’s changed with them since then, at least not with anything I use them for.

2 Likes

No thanks! There doesnt need to be more of a barrier of entry to pvp than already exists. Just make the game faster and balance outliers iron themselves out, sans the extreme ones.

1 Like

You stole that from kennie from about 3 months ago. Originality is gone from you

3 Likes

one of the worst suggestions I’ve read, and I read the t3 warrior clone balance threads

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maXg49NN6Zw&t=207s&ab_channel=Venruki

This is a good example

You could always have a weakauras do that stuff like telll if a buff is down, add custom text, etc. The only thing I am not 100% sure about is it detecting multiple buffs like it did in that video for roll the bones. However it very well could have, I just never found it necessary to create something like that. The biggest change from then to now is everyone sharing them and certain streamers offering entire packages for everyone to download.