Make Actionbar Glow in Kill Shot/Shadow Word:Death, etc. While using @mouseover

Hi! I love to use @mouseover macros, but I’m facing a problem.

For example, if I use:

/cast [@mouseover,harm]Kill Shot; Kill Shot

It does what I want, BUT when I mouseover the target when it has 20% health, it doesn’t glow like it does when I set as the current target. How can I fix this?

Same thing happens for Power Word: Life.

Also, although the Bliz implementation of mouseover condition “works”, it doesn’t work as nice since you can’t toggle per skill. There’s some problems in some interactions. For example: I have self cast on shift for things like Master’s Call and Roar of Sacrifice. But if I’m pressing shift and I cast a trap for example, it shots on my feet. Despite the fact that I use an @cursor condition.

It would be really nice if the mouseover condition on options menu didn’t affected macros at all. If I want a macro to do a @mouseover, I’ll make that condition myself.

Yeah… just double checked cuz I thought it was working for my macros but it most definitely is not.

Submitted an in-game bug report.

It used to work like this? I wasn’t playing for a while but I also had the impression that it used to be.

Well. It’s a bug then?.. I like to use self cast on shift for example. If I’m low on life on Priest, as long as I press Shift it will check my current health and will glow like my current target?

Alternatively, can I make my macros mark the target as current target instead? At least it may help a little.

I believe it did but but that’s pure feelycraft. I know they made some changes to button glows in 10.2 (cuz Bartender’s were busted for a bit).

1 Like

Yo I figured it out, was looking for how to make the killshot mouseover macro icon light up on the defualt raidframes or via models in front of me, I had found a nice swiftmend macro where this functionality worked for both swiftmend and kill shot, and only lights up the icon on targets they’re usable on while hovering.

Here is the killshot macro:

#showtooltip [@mouseover] Kill Shot
/use [@pettarget]Claw
/use [@pettarget]Bite
/use [@pettarget]Smack
/use [@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead]Kill Shot

Note, the pet attack commands are in there to get coord assault and the pet’s basic attack (not to be confused with pet auto attacks which don’t empowered kill shot) to empower kill shot before firing, if the press happened to be on that short delay pets have when using their abilities off cd, if your hunter is mm only you can ignore those parts of the macro, the #showtooltip line is what is important here.

Also the swiftmend mouseover macro I took this from, for any drus that find the thread:

#showtooltip [@mouseover] Swiftmend
/cast [mod:alt,@Player] [@mouseover,help,nodead] [help] [@targettarget,help,nodead] Swiftmend

Hope these work out for anyone that sees these.

1 Like

I could not get this to light up shadow word death or touch of death unless my actual target was sub 20%, and I don’t see how [@mouseover] in the #showtooltip would actually change anything. It will always show the tooltip regardless of what you are targeting or hovering over as there is no conditional to verify a mouseover exists.