Make a fresh server with enforced faction balance

Yes, yes I do.

And disagreeing with myself? With different sentence structure patterns? Different uses of language?

Right, I’ll take that as your concession then. You CAN’T answer the questions I’ve posed to you. The reason for that is because you’re incorrect about the supposed demand for faction balance.

I’ve already posted my answer, if you wish to be ignorant of it that’s your choice. I don’t really feel the need to entertain your Reddit moderator tier trolling.

Yes, it’s very common to pretend to be two people to drive narratives. Atleast on the WoW forums and reddit.

Here is the problem with that though: as we seen in phase 2 as long as mega servers are a thing any slight advantage is an overwhelming advantage. you can’t have 55/45 because the minority faction will still get stomped. Its 50/50 or no dice.

You didn’t answer any of these questions. Your reply was:

Which is NOT an answer.

And if that is what I’m doing, you think I’d use the same name? Same race? And class? Do you see the amount of mental gymnastics you’d need to do to believe this?

more like don’t let any transfers happen period! the only way these servers stay stable is if we use the sunk cost fallacy to our advantage. Humans are hypocritical dumb animals that need to have rules and boundaries set for them in order to make sure they don’t screw themselves or others.

1 Like

Yes, so you can claim you have a fan.

I posted an entire paragraph.

You keep on trying though buttercup. One day you’ll learn to read. I believe in you :heart:

Mental gymnastics and conspiracies. Do you have anything else?

That answered none of my questions. Your paragraph, which isn’t a paragraph at all, it’s 3 sentences, slings an ad hominem and accusation. That’s not answering any questions. That’s DEFLECTING the questions, because you CAN’T answer them.

Blizzard stuck to that promise for a whole two weeks.

Grob is proof. Hence why I used it.
Skyfury was hype because it was balanced. Why I used it.

Are you even trying?

Grob is proof people wanted it. Grob is NOT proof MANY people want it. Which was my original claim. And We’ve already been over this here:

Can you please keep up?

Skyfury was hype because it was FRESH and NEW. No one had any idea if it was balanced or if it was going to be balanced.

How did you know it was balanced?

Are you?

Did you even play there?

I’ll ask you now, where’s your proof?

[quote=“Bloomsday-sulfuras, post:31, topic:1340011”]

Hundreds of servers?

If a server has a healthy population, pays subs. It’s worth it.

Yes. So how did you know it’s balanced?

Common sense? I mean, no one had any idea if it was balanced or not, unless you have secret knowledge you aren’t telling us. Why else would the serve have hype?

That’s correct, hundreds of servers. What are you not understanding?

Not if that server is a small drop in a very large ocean. Resources better spent elsewhere. It’s an opportunity costs thing. Do you not get that?

Being in the world? Smh.
Are you digging for proof from ironforge or something? Again, you fail at trolling.

Common sense? So all the community discord’s and multiple posts about skyfury having great balance and yes fresh was hype to some. “Common sense” is hardly a answer though.

You act like they are expensive. They are not.

You argue like a anti work redditor. It’s kind of cringe.

People chose to xfer to and from places either on their own or as a group decision with their guild. His argument isn’t that people want balance… It’s that they want to world pvp but only when its convenient for them to do so… If they’re getting camped everyday they’re more likely to xfer to a server where THEY are the ones doing the camping.

That’s not his arguement at all.

The issue in practice is: what exactly does 55/45 mean? And how can you enforce this at any given moment? If the Alliance playerbase dwindles continuously for whatever reasons, until eventually it’s nil, does noone get to play on that server anymore? Are there situations where you need to start kicking people off the server and into queue to maintain balance (e.g. large off-timezone communities, streamer communities maintaining long-duration population spikes, so on).

I think a better solution would be Server vs. Server pvp: lock the servers to Horde or Alliance only, and match them up with other similarly populated servers, say once a month.

These server-matchups would effectively create similar dynamics to what we already see on reasonably balanced servers, while also rebalancing themselves on a periodic basis–a promise which prevents destructive mass exoduses.

You lose the purity of long-term same-server PVP rivalries, but frankly I think we’re at the point where those are made rare enough by the other failures of the system, that they’re a reasonable sacrifice to be made in favor of solving said failures.

Of course there are large obstacles to overcome in considering such a strategy (particularly implementation) but I don’t think its completely unreasonable.

They need to let people on dead factions move for free before or at launch, or just put in cross server so this becomes a non-issue.

So your own anecdotal experience? So only the people you could see at a given time? So nothing substantial or empirical?

I’m digging for anything that isn’t completely subjective and anecdotal. How you FEEL about the population and faction breakdown doesn’t really account for much, sorry to say.

1. Skyfury had hype BEFORE people even played on it. Before the idea of faction balance could even be discussed. So tell me, how did that hype happen? Why did everyone go to Skyfury in the first place to make it a populated realm? Why did Skyfury have queues ON RELEASE?
  2. Again, how do people know whether or not Skyfury EVER had “great balance”? Because they felt that way? Are we supposed to use “feelings” as evidence here?

Common sense, logic, and facts, are all appropriate answers here.

How much do they cost?

About 20-25k month per server is the current “educated guess” since they’ve never publicly shared it.
So it would need 2500 players to make profit