Maintenance Extended

hahahahhaa now added 1 more hours so total 6 hours maybe to 24 hours maybe hahaha good luck every one

Elon should buy Blizz and fix it

for something no one even wants :joy:

which company running this game now?

Would you rather have less maintenance and more bugs, or longer maintenance with less bugs? Can’t have both.

Yes. The main tracking and update thread is here.

1 Like

it did lol now it says 12 ( 3pm here) they ninja changed it again lol

1 Like

I’m patiently waiting for the game to go online.

I would rather have a company, with billions of dollars, that actually fixes things with these updates. Two 6+ hours maintenances in a week.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!! nom nom nom nom, they’re delicious.

For an FYI for anyone with IBS or who knows someone with it and they can’t sort out what triggers it, try eliminating sugar. For myself and several others I know personally it turned out that sugar was the #1 culprit. This, out of control, is a nightmare. Hope that helps someone.

1 Like

And how do you know that they aren’t fixing something? They posted patch notes for yesterday’s patches, and are implementing something new today. Obviously in their internal testing on live server, they found some more bugs and are fixing them now.

Just because they aren’t fixing the one or two “bugs” that you feel they should focus on, doesn’t mean they aren’t working on other fixes.

Figures. Honestly, its very frustrating. I recently returned after leaving since Cataclysm. Dragonflight had good buzz on YT and looked cool, so I figured I would come try it out.

Honestly, its fairly fun and the game seems better than back then. BUT…this continued extensive maintenance every few days/consecutive days is ridiculous. I can only play so much time per day, and often its during maintenance windows. For the price per month and the expansion costs, and the fact that my time is cut in half, I think I will be un-subbing again and going back to other MMOs that can update far more effectively and efficiently.

1 Like

then 3 pm and so on,
18 yrs and they can’t ever do a deployment correctly, any other company deployments take seconds, upload all the new code, and then just move a switch where now points to the new code, very very simple stuff…

but well as we know is blizz been blizz… the interns are learning to code since they layoff all the employes after all the lawsuits.

so 6 to 8 yrs deployment for one feature? the bazar with transmogs?
is this because the game now is like 80 gigs of obsolete/old content maybe they need to upgrade their internet provider?
couldn’t they wait at least till weekly reset?

1 Like

I understand a lot of people want to defend Blizzard here, but this seems to be a direct result of cost cutting post-legion.

Many companies announced layoffs, most notably activision, axing lots of employees. Then soon after, many employees quit due to the allegations against mgmt. Ever since then, they clearly have an issue with deployment and QA. Probably operating on less resources both technically and from an engineering stand point. No one really knows unless they worked there throughout the change though, just an outsiders observation.

Legion was an expansion with almost no downtime. Weekly maintenance was a thing of the past. It was a very clear contrast moving into BFA and getting worse through shadowlands up to now.

Whatever the process they have now seems to be the new normal.

3 Likes

Monthly rewards, so even the most brain dead wow player who keeps shelling out 15 a month will eventually win pixels!!

I wish they rewarded fun stuff with pixels, 180+ from be a year vs 65 and donezo.

No it’s not. It’s 10:49am PST.

lol, I came back after leaving due to MoP. I came back and all my toons had been squashed to high lvl 20s. Looks like maybe you had the same. Feels sadge. :frowning:

1 Like

Why can’t they do this crap on a Sunday at 3am. Why is it always at the start of a day and extended throughout the day. If you have ever been on at 3am on a Sunday you know it is barren.

2 Likes

So are most corporate offices.

It is a little annoying for a feature I don’t really care about. I wouldn’t have cared at all if this extended maintenance was on a different day rather than the day after yesterdays extended maintenance. 2 days of extra-long maintenance in a row and at the start of a weekly reset means I’ll be playing catch-up most of the week now