Maintenance extended ... (AGAIN!?!)

Slime cat refuses to not be in LFR LOLOLOLOL LOLO LOLOLOLO LO L

2 Likes

Maybe they are adding fat goblins as a customization? hopefully

Maybe they are going to let subscribers that actually pay with their own money to play everyday instead of Youtube shills that abandoned the game and Blizzard and yet still get freebees and treated like royalty.
Don’t you all feel like a valued customer :confused:

1 Like

brother what are you saying? your telling me blizzard limits your game? like you cant do arena bg m+ or raid?

There just understaffed is all I mean its frustrating but. There is nothing to be done just wait it out

Servers up

Confirmed. They’re up.

Lol blizz did extend it again and took it back. Doesn’t matter anyway it’s back up.

servers up!
fr

We in boys

As stated, we’re in
but I bet there will be a restart or two later!

I’m not bothered by the fact that they want to get it working before they open the gates to the public.

Road crews on highways do that as well, especially if they are fixing a bridge that goes over a river. I can’t imagine what else would make sense.

1 Like

(hacker voice)

I’m in

I’m logging into frostmourne right now, XD. Just in time for Coffee.

Time to storm the game

That’s literally all I wanted to do on my day off today. Have a couple cups of coffee. Check my vault. Maybe do a few mount runs. Now it’s already 3:00, too late for coffee. I’m out of that early morning theta state. It’s almost time to start getting dinner ready. Never fails.

Around here, they replace bridges at night, from 10pm until 6am, so work is done before daylight hours when traffic is heavy

Blizz should take note, and do the work during off peak hours!!!

A little while ago, our Executive Producer asked our Lead Live Operations Producer to distill the answer to the question “Why?”. This is what he said,

We have the goal of performing Season transitions while keeping realms online for all regions. Due to how a number of systems were originally architected, we’ve had challenges in the past, and we iterate through issues each time. We work through expected issues quickly, but there are always unexpected issues that we can only deal with by testing on the realms in a hidden state. (Hidden because we didn’t want all players to feel the impact of our fixes – some require large data jobs). A number of issues we discover during maintenance require fixing while keeping realms offline to avoid in-game economy damage or players encountering bugs because they happened to be online just before we fixed them.

Overall, we’re able to minimize future downtime by finding and fixing “last minute” issues like this. As a result of today’s work, we hope that we will not need to do anything other than normal restarts for the remaining regions.

We’re finished with today’s maintenance. Each one-hour extension of the maintenance period was because we were fixing critical bugs related to the season transition, and the list of those grew smaller with each hour until it vanished.

37 Likes

Good job on the communication for once, now if only you guys would communicate on other problems your poor design choices have caused, and decisions that were made last minute.

11 Likes

Happy now you got your answer via communication from blizzard