[Main Thread]Disconnect at login after crashing into terrain

I have seemingly caused an issue by dragonriding into a tree, and it disconnected me. Now I cannot log in as everytime i do, it immediately disconnect me.

17 Likes

Happening to me too, crashed into a mountain side/near a tree and now keep getting disconnected when trying to log in.=

5 Likes

Having the same problem. Crashed into a mountain and I disconnect as soon as I log in.

2 Likes

Same here, I landed on one of the tall bridges in Valdrakken. Can’t log back in.

3 Likes

Similar. Cliff-side near the landing spot for the last bit of the dragonriding tutorial.

ETA: came back after a couple of minutes and it was ok. Weird.

1 Like

Same issue

1 Like

I was doing a Dragonriding course, and crash landed on the platform and it disconnected me, trying to relog just constantly sent me to the log-in screen.

It fixed itself after a few minutes.

Currently happening to me was about to do one of the races and it crashed me

yea i m trying to log in to the game now at 5am and it just disconnects i think they took everything down so noone can log in.

Hope this is fixed, I literally can’t get back on now due to maintenance, and the urge to find out if my character is okay is real.

Have you tried the “character is stuck” service? I had an issue long ago in SL where I jumped down a particular area near the stairs in Ardenweald and it kept logging me out (definite bug). I used the service and it fixed the problem.

Link is at the bottom of the page.

3 Likes

Stuck under map in a disconnect loop. Cannot play.

Edit: Service for character stuck DOES NOT work.

2 Likes

Most of the time these issues are temporary. And self resolve after staying logged out for 10 minutes or so. However if you wait 10 minutes and try again to find the issue persists, then the next step would be to try the Self Service Stuck Move Option. Now that system is a bit overwhelmed at the moment but it should work. Give it about 20 minutes to push your request through.

If it gives an error or you are still stuck disconnecting after 20 minutes or so, then it is time to submit a ticket. Besure to include the description that you have a character that is stuck (including character name/realm) that you disconnect when logging in and that the self service did not work. We are a bit backed up on tickets at the moment but we are trying to priority these specific issues.

The self service portals are not loading in and giving an error message. I have a character falling through the ground in Drangon Isles and i keep getting disconnected. I’ve tried everything from deleting the toon to scan and repair, waiting the 15 mins. I mean what else can i do in order to play the new expansion, wait the 2 weeks its going to take to answer the ticket.

try Character Stuck first…

also you can try logging in over and over and over, as you will keep falling a little more each time (and get dc).

you should eventually fall far enough it will reset you onto the ground somewhere.

might take around 10 tries logging in and falling / dc.

Your submit ticket link doesn’t load.

Char Name: Spurned
Server: Dalaran

Currently disconnect looped under the map for the entire morning.

@Kershew are you aware many of these issues happened on Beta also? these are not all the same thing. do not lump them all into a single thread.

Singularqt:

The support site is seeing heavy volume at the moment so ticket creation can appear to not load, I have found if you refresh a couple of time or just let it sit on the loading page for a couple of minutes, the ticket form does eventually load.

Bnghunter:

I appreciate your concern but in this case all posts combined in this thread are from the last 13 hours, describe the same or similar situations and outside of that all have the same solution that I mentioned in my original post. IE it self resolves after about 10 minutes, is resolved by using the stuck move self service or requires a ticket so a gamemaster can move it.

Are we just supposed to spend the rest of DF waiting 10 min for this to fix itself everytime our dragon brushes up against something? This has happened two times to me within the last ~2 hours of play, so that’s 20 min of time that could’ve been spent leveling. What happens when someone is en route to a key or a raid and they get kicked from their group because they’ve been offline for 10 min?

Maybe I misunderstand the urgency here, and hope that this is just a temporary solution to a technical problem that has already been escalated.

1 Like

Had this same issue when I seemingly clipped through some terrain while dragonriding. The “Character Stuck” service linked above did the trick, but it did take a few minutes for the page to actually be able to show my characters and let me proceed.