[Main Thread] Mature Language Filter Broken

I have mature language filter DISABLED and words are still censored. Any idea why?

3 Likes

Flitter is to show you not to push the enter key.
1st time could end your account.

Good luck…have fun.

My theory is that in order to implement Plunderstorm’s minimal (and untailorable) UI, the devs wound up reducing the settings in the Retail UI to some brainlet-level defaults and locking it that way.

In other words, they had to kneecap the retail UI by erasing user customization to implement the Plunderstorm UI.

The Retail UI choices affected by this are the customizations you don’t have in Plunderstorm. Apparently, if Plunderstorm doesn’t support them, you don’t need them in Retail either. :roll_eyes: Thanks, Plunderstorm.

3 Likes

I’m having a similar issue.

1 Like

I’ve been having a similar issue for the past few months, so I doubt it’s Plunderstorm related.

Either way, +1 to this issue as well

1 Like

Yeah I also lost the ability to show health numbers on player and target frames as well… these problems exist on my desktop computer and the weird thing is when i play on my laptop the mature language filter disables just fine. I even went as far as uninstalling/reinstalling the game on my desktop and the problem still persists.

Having this problem as well, though it just started tonight. I’m fairly sure profanity was going through yesterday.

I am also having this same issue, I have reset my UI multiple times, reinstalled the game twice now. I removed all my Addons and Weak Auras. This started for me when the Plunderstorm was released. Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

See solution below ↓

I finally figured out how to resolve this due to some troubleshooting with a guildie. What I had to do was log out of WoW, go into the Plunderstorm, join a game, go into social tab in the settings and un mark the mature filter there. I do not know why the settings are being over written and prioritizing the event over retail. This resolved my issue though.

4 Likes

I moved to my new PC yesterday and installed all my games, and now suddenly my profanity filter is on even though in settings it is off. Idk what to do lol cause I can’t change it and I turned profanity filter off in Battle.net so idk

It’s a current bug. It has already been reported several times.

How do you fix the bug? If there is a way to?

It looks like the underlying configuration variable (cvar) as well as the visible UI menu are hard-stuck on “on”. Which means there may not be anything any player can do. If so, it’ll have to wait for the developers to fix it.

You may want to post in the Bug Reports forum to let them know.

Howdy Everyone,

Dropping in to let everyone know that we are aware of this issue and working on a fix. No ETA at this time.

If we get any additional information I’ll drop it in here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.