[Main Thread] Download Stuck on 0% initializing then BLZBNTAG0000138F

can you guys maybe look at what is goin on with your side of this? its an across the board problem with windows and mac…doesnt that seem a bit odd?

OK BLIZZARD THIS ISSUE IS NOT SOLVED! NOT EVEN CLOSE!
It’s been a week and I cannot update WOW because Battle.net APP hangs on “Initializing” OR “Waiting”…Bnet APP just spins and spins. I have done EVERY step listed in this thread on my iMac and MacBook Pro - BOTH running Mac OS Ventura.
Dragonflight has been running perfectly on both Macs until last week. I have hundreds of gigs of free space on both Macs. I have done a clean uninstall of EVERYTHING multiple times, including Bnet app and WOW. Nevertheless Bnet always hangs on the latest WOW update. My “Firewall” is always been turned off. I have never enabled firewall on my Macs. So I am paying for game time I can’t use. I worked in tech support for HP for 20 years, I know the drill, you guys need to FOCUS and nail this issue fast while our game cash is burning up for no reason.

My iMac is Ventura 13.1 and MacBook Pro is Ventura 13.3 - both intel processors.

2 Likes

This fixed it for me – followed that file path, sorted contents by “Date Created” and deleted the oldest Agent.XXXX file. On next launch the download started immediately and no more issues. Hope others see this if they’re stuck still!

I am having the same issue. It’s really sad that Blizzard is so apathetic!

Ive been experiencing the same.
I have Mac Air Sonoma update.
I have even factory reset my whole computer and that has not helped.
Still gets stuck on initializing. Or says it’s downloaded and starts upgrading a non existing game. Then freezes on 0% for that
Have not played wow since :frowning:

The 13th post of this forum ‘customer support’ worked for me on my Mac air 13" Sonoma update.

post was made by Skelgarer

These are the steps I followed via their post

‘’
In some cases, the Mac firewall needs to be configured:

1. From the Apple menu (top-left of your screen), click System Preferences > Network.
  2. Click the Firewall tab.
  3. Unlock the pane by clicking the padlock icon in the lower-left corner and entering the administrator username and password.
  4. Click Firewall Options.
  5. Using the + icon, add “agent.app” which is located in Agent folder (i.e. /Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent).
  6. Add “agent.app” which is located in Agent.XXXX (xxxx is a number) folder (i.e. /Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.XXXX.
  7. Add the Battle.net App in the Applications folder.
  8. Allow incoming connections for all three.

Once finished, restart your system and try again.
‘’

This happens to me every time I make a big purchase.
Preorder Dragon Flight… updater fell asleep.
Purchase a 12m sub… updater fell asleep.

I just want to play hardcore. :cry:
Definitely kicked from a few guilds now.

2019 Macbook Pro
Initializing bug started b4 Sonoma 14.1.1 Mac update
Last played September 26 no problems, both classic & retail wont work.

Tried following steps below:

• Firewall fix @Meowprincess @Skelgarer
  • Full disk access w/ both battle.net app & agent. Full disk access only agent/Battle.net
  • Deleting the oldest agent.xxxx folder
  • All the above @ the same time, and other combos.
  • Used activity monitor to disable all active agents, uninstall/reopened.

Ok, mine is working now – here’s how things are configured on my end right now:

• Sonoma
  • Firewall off
  • Full disk access to Agent in 8445
  • No disk access for root Agent
  • Updated Battle.net application to the beta version
  • In the Battle.net app settings, I turned on “Allow multiple instances of Battle.net”

Things started working a few minutes after I upgraded to the beta and turned on the allow multiple instances. It took a few min where it still said Initializing and eventually just started.

Good luck homies

1 Like

Just got it working (initializing/downloading, that is) on Mac Sonoma 14.1.1

Here’s what worked for me:

• Firewall is on
  • Added Battle.net to Settings>Privacy & Security>App Management
  • Added Battle.net to Settings>Privacy & Security>Full Disk Access
  • Restarted Battle.net after making those changes

Hope that helps!

1 Like
[quote="Faniel-azuresong, post:88, topic:1705521, full:true"]

Just got it working (initializing/downloading, that is) on Mac Sonoma 14.1.1

Here’s what worked for me:

• Firewall is on
  • Added Battle.net to Settings>Privacy & Security>App Management
  • Added Battle.net to Settings>Privacy & Security>Full Disk Access
  • Restarted Battle.net after making those changes

Hope that helps!
[/quote]

EDIT:
This fix worked once. Deleted game, and tried again did not work 2nd time.
Above solution + notes below

Battle.net - Settings - App: Allow multiple instances of battle.net

Firewall access:

• users → shared → battle.net → agent folder → 1st Agent app
  • users → shared → battle.net → agent folder → agent.8445 → 2nd Agent app
  • Battle.net Application under applications

This issue has been going on for months and Blizzard hasn’t bothered to do anything to fix the problem. It’s ridiculous.

If they don’t get on this and provide a fix for us Mac players soon, I’m going to unsubscribe from the game. I’m not going to continue to pay each month for a game that I can’t play due to technical issues on Blizzard’s end.

5 Likes

Still trying the solutions listed above and nothing is working…

EDIT: still just making due with Steam Deck for now.

Would prefer to play on a mac with a keyboard

The issue is that there’s still a Bnet update process running in the background even after you close everything. Go to your task manager (either ctrl+alt+del or in Win 11 just right-click the Windows/Start icon on your task bar & select in the menu) and make sure that the “Battle.net Update Agent,” and anything else related to WoW is closed (right-click & choose “End Task”). Once you open it again it should work just fine.

Check your MacOS for system updates, after I installed the last version of MacOS the installer for WoW Classic worked immediately.

Finally got it working, I had the wrong “agent” selected under “Full Disc Access” there are two. I killed all the processes had like 5 agent processes in activity manager then started bnet launcher. The “agent” I added (had to remove and re-add) was the one that was over 5mb.

Worked for me, as someone else mentioned, I had firewall disabled initially. Downloading now.

This guy nailed it. ^

The only thing that ever works for me is to copy the indices in the Data folder over from another install–once you have the indices it always runs. REALLY ANNOYING THOUGH AND I WISH BLIZZ WOULD FIX IT.

EDIT: If you have a Windows install, grabbing the indices from that will also work, it’s the same indices for both types of install. And don’t try to play it before it finishes downloading. Chances are you will re-cause the “oops!” error and you’ll have to uninstall, hit reinstall, copy over the indices, and let it download again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.