Disconnect Streaming errors since 10.0.7

Reinstalled on a clean SSD, made sure to turn off “optimize network setting”, 0 addons installed, 100% fresh install, getting either “You have been disconnected” or the streaming error almost instantly.

3 Likes

Wish I saw this before I unistalled the game! TT
My internet is very slow so it will take me a day or two to install 80+ GB now

This is such a strange bug. I was convinced last night that my weakauras were causing the issue. I’m not dcing as much as most people and I felt like I only crashed twice with all addons turned off.

Valdrakken definitely causes huge DCs for me after the patch so when I got my cloak from the patch event I haven’t gone back to dragon isles at all. Ogrimmar and Dal also cause DC for me.

I have however tested one wing of LFR and two Mythic plus keys (HoV and SBG) with full addons on, and I didn’t get a single DC. Tonight I will try and get more DCs without addons on to verify it’s not that. And also my DC code to make sure it’s the same.

Has anyone else gotten no DCs in raid or dungeons like me? It took me over 15 minutes to get into LFR with 4 DCs but once I got in not a single DC.

1 Like

Any updates on if you’re still having issues? And this is 100% all you did, not other changes or settings or updates? This solution does not seem to be working for others.

1 Like

UPDATE: I followed Keliegh’s solution (reinstall in new folder, new drive in my case) and then follow this Blizz support guide:

So far no issues, will keep you updated.

EDIT: played for about 10 mins then streaming error. RIP.

Can you get into LFR? I didn’t DC at all in there or Mythic Plus.

Game is randomly disconnecting. Sometimes I can play for up to 15 minutes, and sometimes its like 30 seconds.

Repaired, uninstalled, reinstalled, changed install directory, reset modem & router, graphics drivers are updated, tried different hdd and ssd none of its working I am still getting random disconnects.

Have sent logs was working fine up until the last few maintenance periods.

1 Like

Just sent my logs after DCing. Have tried just about everything everyone else has to no avail.

I just reset my router and modem and things are going good so far, will keep you updated.

1 Like

can you check on playing in Windowed Mode as well?

I’ve scan & repaired twice now with two updates.
flushed my IP/DNS
updated all my drivers
still having d/c issues.

this was happening on the standard version of the client. switching to beta client now to see.

Any updates regarding this? :o

Still going strong, 7 mins only tho, longest I’ve gone though.

i did a complete uninstall like you suggested and went and deleted the world of warcraft folder completely then reinstalled it via battle.net launcher at the same location and so far it s been 10 min without disconnecting. it seems to have worked. this computer had wow installed by copying all the files from another computer might that be the reason why we get disconnected vs someone who does a full install trough client? will repost if i get another disconnect

1 Like

disabled all addons - still d/c
going full-windowed now.

These things seem to have helped a bit but did not 100% solve my problem:

Follow this guide:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/22862#:~:text=This%20error%20message%20indicates%20that,and%20addons%20are%20not%20corrupted.

Important part is that I reset my modem and router.

Follow this guide:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/22862#:~:text=This%20error%20message%20indicates%20that,and%20addons%20are%20not%20corrupted.

Finally if you’re still having the issue:

1. Copy all of your addons, WTF, cache to another folder so you don’t lose your settings.
  2. Uninstall WoW from Bnet launcher
  3. Reinstall WoW in a new folder location or drive
  4. After playing and confirming that you’re not getting disconnected anymore, copy your addons, WTF, and cache back over to the new WoW folder location.

PLEASE post here if any or all of these solutions work for you!

UPDATE: Just finished killing Ras in LFR, disconnected right after the kill, now keep getting disconnected every few seconds/mins.

been running wow for more than half an hour without disconnect now on my pc that had this issue

i can garantee that it s not a router/modem issue because we play wow on 2 computers and both my computers are next to each other plugged to the same router both with wires one had the issue since patch night the other didn t.

only thing that worked was completely deleting the wow folder and doing a fresh install trough battle net by redownloading the game

thinking about it now, only difference i can tell between the 2 pc is one had wow installed by copying the files from another computer while the other had a fresh install i suggest trying to reinstall and making sure you completely delete the wow folder before reinstalling before trying anything else

all addons work fine i was able to copy the interface, wtf and cache folder just fine and it is stable

as you can tell having one computer working while your better half can t play with you has put me in quite a pickle so i ve been trying to figure this out intensively all day yesterday and today

i tried many things this is the only thing that worked

3 Likes

Seemed to have worked for about 30-40 mins for me and now I’m DCing nonstop again. I’m not going to reset my modem and router every 30 mins to play this game.

2 Likes

Is anyone here having issues with PTR as well? I figured I’d try to view some of the new things on the 10.1 PTR but it literally disconnects/crashes me the second I load in. Diablo & Overwatch work perfectly fine for me (as well as every steam game) So this must 100% be a wow problem right?

1 Like

I heard that Classic is doing perfectly fine, only Retail and PTR are acting up. So this is definitely connected to 10.0.7 patch files.

So I just did a complete clean reinstall with a different WoW directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Dragonflight) the exact same way as Keliegh, I had my addons folder saved and turned on right now. My game have been running without any DCes for 45+ minutes now idling in Stormwind. It seems to have resolved it? Will update if DC happens again.

Update: The game is still running for around 2 hours after clean reinstall. Only been idling in Stormwind. Gonna try going to end game locations.

Update x2: Have been around Valdrakken and Forbidden Reach, the game is running stable so far without DCes.