Disconnect Streaming errors since 10.0.7

UPDATE 3/27/2022: Blizzard pushed a hotfix that should have resolved this issue, please see the marked solution.

As per Joynueer, if the hotfix did not solve your issue, and the below solution steps did not resolve your issue, please open a ticket.

1. Copy all of your precious WoW data from your _ retail _ folder (Cache/Sceenshots/WTF/Interface/Addons)

2. Using BNet launcher, uninstall World of Warcraft retail.

3. Delete your WORLD OF WARCRAFT folder (not just _ retail _ but the parent folder) and make sure that World of Warcraft/Data is deleted completely. (There should be no more World of Warcraft or subfolders on your computer at this point)
    NOTE: if you also play WoW classic and PTR, and you’re not comfortable just completely deleting those as well, make sure to copy your Cache/Sceenshots/WTF/Interface/Addons for those as well.

4. Empty your Recycling Bin (delete all of the cached files)

5. Restart your computer

6. Install World of Warcraft (you will need to re-download the whole game)

7. Drag and drop your Cache/Sceenshots/WTF/Interface/Addons folders back in to your _ retail _ folder.

8. Success (hopefully).

• If you find a solution that isn’t listed here, please reply.
  • If none of these steps work for you, please reply.
  • If this doesn’t resolve your issue, see below for other possible steps.

Played all last night with no issues, now with the new patch I am constantly disconnecting with either the “Disconnected” generic error or the “Streaming error” which is a new error I’ve never encountered before 10.0.7 dropped.

Things I did:

• Updated my GPU drivers
  • Scanned and repaired WoW
  • Checked for updates
  • Restarted my computer
  • Disabled all addons

and I am still having the issue.

EDIT: Since this is blowing up, here is a summary of all potential fixes:

These things seem to have helped a bit but did not 100% solve my problem but have solved other people’s problems:

Follow this guide:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/22862#:~:text=This%20error%20message%20indicates%20that,and%20addons%20are%20not%20corrupted .

Important part is that I reset my modem and router.

Follow this guide:

Finally if you’re still having the issue:

1. Copy all of your addons, WTF, cache to another folder so you don’t lose your settings.
  2. Uninstall WoW from Bnet launcher
  3. Reinstall WoW in a new folder location or drive
  4. After playing and confirming that you’re not getting disconnected anymore, copy your addons, WTF, and cache back over to the new WoW folder location.

PLEASE post here if any or all of these solutions work for you!

36 Likes

i am having the same problem it seems… says streaming issue not a normal disconnect

2 Likes

Having the same issue getting DC’d and also getting the streaming error constantly

I’ve noticed that a lot of places I go, there are random missing models and textures. I wonder if this is relevant to the issue. As I mentioned, I scanned and repaired two times. Should I reinstall the game?

every time i have scanned and repaired it downloads something new im not sure why

Getting Streaming error, then disconnecting on the new quest. Never had that issue in the 10 years I have played the game ??

2 Likes

Same here, I can usually stay connected for about 20s. Seems to be much less when i’m dragon riding

A streaming error has occurred?. (WOW51900322)

I’ve released and renewed IP, flushed DNS, power cycled router and modem, scan repair on the game, and restarted computer. I’ve double checked that all my drivers are up to date as well.

Additionally I’m seeing the “green circle” that appears when downloading game data. This isn’t always present but more often than not I see that circle appear and then immediately get this streaming error.

1 Like

same here, i get on for max 30 secs, i’ve gotten to peep at the new talent tree!

good stuff…

Same here having a streaming error dc’ Played fine all last night disabled all addon updated gpu ran all windows updates and scanned and repair to no fix.

Will add, this seems to be totally random. I’ll be sitting in Valdrakken and randomly get DCed just standing there not doing anything. I’ll be flying, get DC’ed. Timing seems to be random, I’ve gone a few minutes without getting DC’ed and done a couple things I’ve gotten DC’ed doing before, so the DCs don’t seem to be tied to doing any specific thing.

2 Likes

I run into this issue when dragon flying i havent had the chance to land and test this out. Because when i log in im flying.

Everytime i get the green spinning downloading thingy it dc’s me

2 Likes

Yup, I think you found the cause. Seems to be my issue as well.

2 Likes

Although there is no update for me, even after 2 scans and repairs and 10gb download nothing has changed,

Same issue here. But it is just anytime I move - I have sat still and gone afk but as soon as I move it boots me.

I think i have found a solution
to the issue after Changing my Cache Folder to cache-old and changing my graphic setting from auto detect to DX11 i havent dc’d (this also fixed the issue with green models on the ground

3 Likes

Changing to DX11 seems to have fixed it for me. I was on DX12 originally.

1 Like

I am having the same issue every couple of minutes while flying and each time it resets my entire UI to an unusable state of overlapping and off-screen bars etc.

i dc’d again making a very sharp turn on the dragon, not sure if this is related or not.

Yup I just started flying and got DC’d. But I don’t seem to be getting DC’ed if I’m not flying now, so progress I guess.