Mailbox Purge - Active Thread

Can you please purge my mail so I can transfer off of Benediction. Thanks!7

I would caution you that you probably shouldn’t admit to account sharing and manipulating the queue in the most heavily-moderated forum. It’s a crazy time, so they are tolerating a lot, but it’s not a good look.

That said…

Well, yes. You logged into the game, just to AFK and go do other stuff? You’re taking a spot from someone who actually wants to play.

There is a timer for disconnects, but it’s to guard against issues between your computer and Blizzard’s servers. Not for you to go do something else entirely.

5 Likes

Mail purge on Gehennas please
Characters:

Isthere
Förrådsalt
Dödstroll

We should be clear to here.

Mail Delete Request and Transfer

Realm: Grobbulus
Character: Zardrayn
Realm to transfer to: Eranikus
Tried to do this, submitted ticket, no current response.

You should be set, Zardrayn.

Ticket response times are currently 6-8ish days (though I think I saw somewhere now it’s saying upwards of 10?). But unfortunately Eranikus is now closed to free transfers. You can, however, purchase a transfer to Eranikus. There just isn’t a free option anymore and the SFAs here on this forum cannot do a transfer for you.

If you wish to take advantage of a free transfer, here are your options:

1 Like

Requesting mail purge for Realm free transfer

WotLK Classic
Realm: Gehennas
Character: Falsetotems
Region: EU

Thanks in advance for you help

All clear.

While I understand that, I attempted to transfer that character over in the original timeframe. All of my other characters that I wanted to be transferred were done so without issue. I do not think it unfair of me to ask for a transfer that only did not happen because of a bug.

I have tacked on the additional info to my original ticket.

Thank you for your time.

To be clear, it really isn’t a bug with the mail. Some quests are set to hide mail until 24-72 hours later. That is intended design. While you’re welcome to put in a ticket asking for an exception, just be prepared to be told no.

3 Likes

One might argue (namely myself), that even if the problem was part of an intentional system, the player having no real option to interact other than coming to a forum outside the game or submitting a ticket with, according to the in game system, a 20 day average wait time, should be taken care of.

I make this argument with the mind that while the system that has been there was intentional in a world building/ roleplaying sense, I do not think it was intentional in preventing things such as transfers. I do not think the argument “This is intended and has been in the game since Vanilla” would apply here, unless you mean to say preventing players from performing a given function is intentional.

TL;DR I think it is the right thing to do to take care of these issues. Frankly, it is people attempting to decongest populated servers, which is to your benefit.

The estimated wait time is based on the oldest ticket in queue and does not represent the actual estimate, which is 6-8 days last time a Blue said something about the queues.

For the rest of your post, it would unfortunately fall into the Void. The CS forum is not the proper place for game design feedback. In this case, #community:general-discussion and #wow-classic:wrath-of-the-lich-king-classic-discussion would be where the developers go to gather feedback.

2 Likes

What u need to be aware of is vrak and orlyia are Support forum agents there not GMS and dont communicate with the developers with players requests if u feel something needs to change u have 2 options post in WOTLK classic general forums or use the ingame suggestion feature where the dev will see it.

2 Likes

I apologize if I was unclear as to my intent.

The only thing I think that should “change” is that characters that were held back because of an issue, intentional or otherwise, should be given a transfer. I was attempting to make a case for that.

If this forum is still not the place for such a claim, I apologize and will post to the proper channels.

Thanks again for taking the time to get back to me, as pretentious as I might sound, I do appreciate it.

Correct. What you’re suggesting is a game design decision, which Customer Support does not make nor are they able to pass along your suggestion. Posting in Wrath Classic Discussion would be the proper place for the suggestion.

2 Likes

While we can’t be sure because these are irregular times, but this is probably not going to happen. Migrations are always first come, first serve, and they are subject to be shut off at a moment’s notice. This is explicitly laid out when the migrations are announced.

Overall, the entire point of the migration is to eliminate a queue. It does no good if a destination realm reaches capacity, but then they allow people to keep transferring. Because then the queue issue has just migrated (pun intended) to a different realm, and nothing is solved.

5 Likes

This is an excellent point. It would make sense to me (although frustrating) if it was my only character. In my particular case, I already have characters on the server, so queue times would not be different either way, therefore I would argue in similar cases, my point still stands.

That said, I was informed that there is another place to put forward my suggestion, so I shall continue over there.

Thanks again for all of your time. Hopefully everything works out and you all have a fantastic day.

1 Like

is there a way i can purge my mail for both my lvl 70s so i can transfer them to another realm?

Requesting mail purge for Realm free transfer

WotLK Classic
Realm: Faerlina
Character: Tirranna
Region: US-East

Thank you for helping