Maiev is more resilient than the Lich King

To be fair, it wouldn’t be the most impressive thing she’s done this week.

1 Like

After the Great Sundering, Illidan scaled the peaks of Mount Hyjal, where he found a small, tranquil lake. There he poured the contents of three of the vials into the waters. The chaotic energies quickly manifested, tainting the lake and twisting it into a new Well of Eternity. Illidan’s joy was short-lived however, when his brother, Malfurion, Tyrande and the rest of the kaldorei leadership discovered him - and all were horrified at what he’d done. Unable to accept that his brother had committed such treachery, Malfurion tried again to explain to Illidan the folly of his ways. The magic, he insisted, was chaotic by nature, and it could only bring about destruction so long as it existed. Illidan refused to listen, so enraptured by the magic’s power that his brother seemed to him an unknowing fool. Illidan claimed that magic would be needed should the Burning Legion ever return.

The lack of remorse shook Malfurion to his core and he raged at his brother, understanding now that Illidan was lost forever to the magic’s sway. He ordered him imprisoned deep below Hyjal in a jail kept far from sight and mind. Malfurion would later note that sometimes he went to visit Illidan in his prison in the hopes of turning him from his fatal path.[24]

If they add two elf-exclusive classes back to back I swear to god…

So just to be clear, you are suggesting that, in the very short amount of time between the Night Elves sailing for Hyjal and the Night Elves reaching Hyjal, Maiev somehow went off on her own adventure all the way down to Tanaris (for what possible reason I cannot imagine), which had already turned into a desert apparently overnight, and then went all the way back up to Hyjal in time to be there for Illidan’s arrest?

This is, wholeheartedly, what you believe happened, and is the likely option over Maiev going on missions because thats what Wardens do?

6 Likes

I’m saying I don’t know where she went before Illidan got captured, and neither do you. I’m saying that so far there is only one canon example of her ever leaving whatever the complex Illidan is was called in ten thousand years. I’m also saying that she could’ve just as easily went to Tanaris for information on where to find Illidan, than not.

Maiev is best girl

2 Likes

You were claiming quite confidently that you did know until you realized you couldn’t anymore.

Here’s what I know.

-I know that Maiev has personally been to Tanaris after the Sundering. We know she wasn’t there to find information on Illidan because she followed him to Nendis and then to the Broken Isles, and despite your insistence we both know that she didn’t pop down south for a quick vacation while the Night Elves were on the brink of extinction.
-I know the Wardens were sent on missions to track down people to imprison. This was part of their official duties.
-I know that her official Legion character bio says that Maiev is “famed for her uncanny ability to capture any enemy” which she certainly wouldn’t be if she had captured 0 enemies due to living in a pit for 10,000 years (I’d really like to see you try to come up with something for this)

We all know you don’t actually believe what you’re arguing. Quit while you’re ahead.

7 Likes

Quote it, then.

It’s literally what this entire argument was about.

Nice job ignoring everything else I said to focus on something irrelevant, though.

4 Likes

Your post started with a lie. Why would I assume the rest would be any different?

For instance? No sources at all.

And there is only one single canon example that wowpedia has listed of maiev leaving. I asked you for another. You himmer and hollar and do everything except for that, because you have no other example, because there seems to be no other example.

Hardly a lie, I provided the quote you asked for proving that you said it. I really want to believe you’re just a troll at this point, because if you’re not, I have serious concerns about your mental health.

Tanaris (and the other deserts, don’t forget) was already sourced several times.

You still refuse to respond to the Word of God claim that Maiev is famous for hunting people down.

For example, as mentioned earlier in this thread, Telarius Voidstrider, a Demon Hunter who she personally hunted down and killed, post-Sundering, because Demon Hunters didn’t exist until after that.

13 Likes

Why are you like this.

Why.

8 Likes

Praise the Lady of Knives. May her Warfront Commander status keep her in eternal plot armor forever.

3 Likes

I skipped most of Legion but did Illidan ever satisfy her needs or what?

6 Likes

There’s no arguing when the Arthas Defense Force gets riled up, Valko. I tried to warn you.

The reason why she wasn’t in Antorus is because her legs were still numb.

5 Likes

She was not prepared.

4 Likes

How do we know that Maiev doesn’t have a gas mask underneath her helm?

Its more like plague spreaders have a limited range and Maiev is capable of blinking to the backside which had no defenses.

It’s 'cos Maeiv’s helm is fully enclosed, and the Lich King’s sniffer was still exposed in his.

Superior Darnassian steel. Folded over 1000 times.

9 Likes