Magister Umbric has been invaluable to the alliance

I’d like to put him up for a commendation.

1 Like

Like that one time he did that one thing and he…ummm. Or that other time he did that other thing and he uhhhhh.

What does he do again? Water Stormwind’s plants or something?

8 Likes

At least a third of the war campaign is successful because he did something, and then the invasions if you count them as canon.

Void portal traps, teleporting stealth troops, removing targets.

Making giant void Dinosaurs.

Dude also helped Anakin in the Clone wars.

31 Likes

Did you not do a single bfa invasion story quest?

1 Like

Yeah like I thjink void elves look stupid and have a stupid name, but I was impressed with how Umbric was handled.

4 Likes

He really wants to show his worth to the alliance. He seems like a real trooper, through and through. The only drawback is if he really needs the help, how far into the void will he go.

I’m kind of mad off it. The Alliance gets a new character and Blizzard instantly works triple time to give them characterization and representation.

The Horde, meanwhile…

21 Likes

Hopefully far enough where he won’t ever be seen again.

BFAs one redeeming grace was the alliance war campaign. It was just full of heroes being their best and overcoming obstacles and strategizing for the battle of Daz. It was very pleasant actually.

11 Likes

Highmountain?
Suramar?

The difference was that the characters were already built in Legion, Umbric came from nowhere and needed this story at least.

7 Likes

Well, Elves have a habit of going too far into things they shouldn’t. Chalk it up to curiosity or stupidity. Either way, everyone needs to keep an eye on them Void elves. Regular Elves are shifty already, nevermind ones who converse with the Void.

Highmountain has had almost no characterization. Certainly less the entire zone has than Umbric.

Suramar’s characterization comes purely form night elf history and its glories.

1 Like

You really love portraying the Horde as victims, saying that Highmountain represents less culture and characterization than Umbric is really a victim complex now.

suarmar get their characeterization.

24 Likes

The Horde absolutely gets less support than the Alliance. You need look no further than the “For the Alliance!” achievement for proof to that fact.
https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=614/for-the-alliance

1 Like

During the Alliance assault on Zuldazar, one of the quests is to kill a bunch of void elves who are corrupting raptors. In the process of clearing them out, Umbric can be seen just up the hill a bit, standing their and watching. I’m thinking, “dude, are you not going to come down here and help out your guys that I’m massacring?”

Not exactly valuable right there.

1 Like

Gonk’s within eyesight too, isn’t he?

(Observation): Unfortunately, Umbric wasn’t really doing anything a Mage couldn’t do with the arcane.

(Commentary): I’ve actually felt disappointed with the Void Elves over BFA, because their only involvement was the War Campaign. They were sold to us as void scholars, but whenever void related stuff came up, they were absent.

• Uldir: An artificial Old God is going crazy, meaning void stuff. The Void Elves could’ve been the Alliance’s introduction to the raid with the intent of studying the Old Gods and their connection to the Void, but no, it’s Brann introducing us because it’s a Titan facility, and it’s just barely that even.
  • Stormsong Valley: An entire zone where people are turning into C’thulu like squid heads and using void magic and the Void Elves aren’t looking into it at all, despite this being a way to study the way the void can affect living flesh, which MIGHT be relevant to their interests considering their own transformation.
  • Naz’jatar: The Naga literally had void mages, and the only Void Elves there were generic guard NPCs at the Alliance base. This was a prime chance to study the magic developed by people who had been using it FAR longer than the Void Elves themselves have, and they weren’t there. Even a single quest would’ve been nice.
  • Wrathion’s Potion: Ebonhorn is being corrupted by the Whispers and suddenly there is a cure to this phenomenon, something that should be HIGHLY relevant to the Void Elves since they suffer it constantly. What’s their involvement? Nothing. They didn’t contribute to this cure at all. They don’t even know it exists.
  • Visions of N’Zoth: The entire 8.3 patch lacks Void Elves doing anything to combat this very serious void related threat. They’re not even studying it. We don’t see them unless it’s in Stormwind’s vision, already corrupted and willing sycophants of N’Zoth.

(Conclusion): Umbric was developed better in terms of personality than anything else. The race of Void Elves though? Major disappointment on all narrative fronts. Umbric may as well have been a Highborne from Darnassus using arcane magic in lieu of the void for all the difference it would’ve made.

25 Likes

Hey I think Thalyssra has done alright for herself considering!

10 Likes

PC’s are largely undefeated. Sounds like smart decisions to me.

2 Likes

Gonk just sits there and watches his children be warped by the void?

12 Likes