Magical Damage

Does Physical Damage count as Magical? This is confusing to me.

Wut? No…it’s physical.

That’s like if something punches you in the face. They didn’t hit you with a fireball.

6 Likes

No it does not but there nature damage that is magical

But the wiki says there is 7 school of Magical Damages, and Physical is one

Yeah, ignore that.

Some types of Physical damage also does magical damage though, added on.

Physical is just physical damage, there’s no magic to it whatsoever. Forget what wiki says. Magic is what you pretty much expect magic to be: nature, fire, frost, arcane, shadow, fel and holy magic.

2 Likes

Which wiki? Wowpedia doesn’t seem to. Unless I’m blind.

Oh well, goodbye to my Nightborne Monk idea :frowning:

Monks use spirit, aka Chi.

Here’s the layout of magics in our universe:

https://i.redd.it/ccze0t1q95701.png

But their skills specify Physical damage

Physical dmg is affected by armor. It’s bad against plate and good against cloth.

They mastered the use of positive energy - or ‘chi’ - to empower themselves.

Spirit energy, also called Spirit of Life or Spirit of the Wilds, and referred to as Chi by monks and pandaren, is the fifth element, the inner energy inside all living beings. It is the spark in their hearts that connects the mortals even to the elements. Spirit brings balance to fire, earth, air, and water, and the reason that Azeroth’s elementals are so chaotic is because, as it developed, Azeroth’s unusually vast world-soul consumed much of planet’s Spirit.

The OP is talking about the 1% magic damage racial not lorewise

I feel like you answered your question in your question.

Physical Damage. Magical Damage. If they have unique classifications, chances are they’re different types of damage.

What about a fire punch?

Isn’t it weird how getting stabbed/impaled with an icicle doesn’t count as physical damage?

1 Like

If someone hits you with a broom handle, that’s physical damage.
If they put the broom handle on a campfire, then hit you with it, that’s still physical damage but with fire damage added.
If they push you onto the camp fire, that’s fire damage. It also means you need better friends.

7 Likes

Only if you’re a Muscle Mage.

Tbh, in recent WoW your best bet is to just not ask this question.

Incoming damage? Just pop a defensive CD and keep on keeping on.