Mages went from Glass Cannon to Glass

As the title states. With the recent PVP nerf, mages that aren’t healers are useless in pvp. The cannon has been removed and the glass remains. I feel like a DEI Mage now.

9 Likes

I hear healing is OP right now.

mages deserve to be glass, you know what you signed up for when you picked the class

As a mage main I’ve felt gradually weaker every single phase. In Era mages are good or great at everything in SoD it’s okay at everything.

Meanwhile priest, shaman, hunter, rogue, druid are crazy with massive new power.

Warriors are scaling to the moon, as usual and that’s fine imo.

Warlocks and Paladin are both more interesting and powerful

Mage gets to B tier heal… Greaaaaaat.

3 Likes

So now instead of being a 1-2 shot capable class of killing your opponent you have to actually pay attention and gasp play the game. You are a mage. You are supposed to have more intellegence than other players. At least act like it. If you don’t know how to cc, avoid, use mana wisely than you need to learn. I hear that frosty mages have great cc and work well as a team.

3 Likes

Have to agree, we were a glass cannon easily one shot by a rogue or warrior crit and now we do 300 damage for a 3 second cast.

LMAO!!!

4 Likes

I am a frost mage, that was the gameplay BEFORE the patch lol.

Now I do LESS damage for going OOM whilst hunters Viper sting drains more mana. BAD GAME DEVELOPMENT

5 Likes

Go frost.

Or be a healer mage.

Fire is good at aoe rot damage still though, living bomb everything.

Spells that damage players should refund half of their mana in PvP.

3 Likes

glass cannon minus the gl

1 Like

as a MM hunter, I just fought against a really good frost mage, he used everything including engineering stuff, I played very poorly and he just couldn’t kill me

1 Like

Just be a Shaman… :melting_face:

So how long do you think this will last? Do you really think blizz would keep something like this? Sod is a test. we are the lab rats. They’re most likely trying new things for future expansions of wow. Not sod. Just be patient and give it a few days. Wait and see what happens.

all casters are…dots tick for like 80 and starfires hitting for like 550 non crits

dude all you do is troll people do what rogues do and vanish.

2 Likes

he just couldn’t kill me

you are so mean, lol.

1 Like

That would be easily solved by using proper defensive runes, Mages get access to a 0 CD shield that converts damage to mana at 1 to 1. Which basically means your health pool is equal to your mana + health.

That along with the control the class has should leave give you heaps of survivability, especially with the recent changes.

Honestly would be a pretty reasonable change, it is also possible they just need to look at the magnitude of the PvP damage reduction and toggle it a bit to find the sweet spot, or a bit of both.

But yeah, not being able to threaten healers due to healing essentially being significantly buffed isn’t good whilst they have comparable mana pools.

1 Like

Mages need mana to do damage. When enemies live twice as long or longer due to healing being twice as good, you can’t just spend your mana on your own health.

1 Like

Someone has to be B tier. I’m glad sod mixed it up and made the B tiers S tier and S tiers cry MORE TEARS!

Season of discovering what b tier classes experiences in 2019.

I’m not going to say 2004 because folks were not meta humping wowhead discord guide adhering zealots back then.