Mages that pvp

no bro i run around with a rogue friend and warrior sometimes. Hunter is definitely a cripple in our group. At least the warrior can spamstring and 2 shot people, mean while the hunter is slowed to a crawl getting smacked desperately trying to get 8 yards away cause derp leeway.

If you are running with a rogue and warrior, you should have distance before the fighting starts. If you all are in melee range when the fight opens, sure the hunter is the weak link is going to be targeted first.

It’s like expecting the rogue to start the fight outside of stealth. It doesn’t play to your strength.

Watch a good mage (of which I am not a particularly good example) and you will see they keep their distance from beginning to end of fights - group fights and solo. (I, on the other hand, love darting in and AEing or CoCing the enemy - fun but not the most effective use of mage skills.)

1 Like

I Play a mage and dominate hunters in wpvp. Like its not even a challenge unless they’re literally BIS geared and one of the best at their classes. Dead zone + Atrocious Spell batching + Atrocious Leeway mechanic on this frankenstein client = Hunters got crapped on in re hashed classic. I have tons of clips of our rogue hitting the hunter from 8 yards away while he desperately tries to kite lol

I do think hunters will be very good in the first season of TBC but as usual they will fall off due to gear scaling and how OP healers are with resilience after S1. Hunters main function in arena will then become a Mana drain bot and thats not fun at all.