Mages, don’t teleport yourself

Situation: I pay for a portal to my preferred city. The mage accidentally teleports himself instead of opening up a portal.

This has happened on four occasions.

Two of which were back-to-back. For example, I invited a mage who teleported himself on accident. Right after, the very next mage I invited to port me did the same thing.

Please pay attention when using your spells!

2 Likes

Aight who’s gonna tell him?

-Undead Rogue
3 Likes

You think you do, but you dont.

“accidentally”

yeah, right

1 Like

#no changes

If you aren’t landing a swift counterspell then I don’t know what to tell you…

The icons look very similar. It happens esp when u got a few drinks in

Thank god for this post, think of how many people this stopped!

Same page in spell book. It happens, we laugh it off. As long as they come back to actually do what you paid for no harm done :sunglasses:

2 Likes

As long as they come back no harm, unless you’re asking for a port and not in a major city that could take a long time to get back.

Mages are doing you a favor, it’s not like we get rich doing ports. I don’t try to sell ports, water or food. I get asked to do maybe 1-2 ports a day and to make food/water by random ppl. I give food/water for free if I’m in the mood, unless they want me to make them 5-6 stacks. They nearly always tip me 1g for ports, but I’ve had ppl cheap out and only give me 50s. The rune costs 18s.

I’m doing you a favor porting you. Making 82s - 1g 64s a day on ports isn’t how I earn my gold.

It’s free gold, and if you actually advertised you’d make more.

Ive accidentally done it. I immediately teleported back and ended up losing money on reagents because of my mistake.

It’s not worth my time to make your “free gold.” I sometimes provide a port or water as a courtesy if I’m asked politely, but most of the time I just ignore requests as I’m trying to use my time to play my game. You are not entitled here. Get over it.
And yes, I’ve accidentally clicked on a portal I opened. I immediately mailed the gold to the player. No harm no foul.

You seem like the type of guy who thinks the stripper actually likes them. Good luck OP.

1 Like

I have been getting whispers from players asking for portals. I decline them all. Some people get upset. I feel bad a little but remember I am not playing the game to port people across the world. I use these portals when in a group running instances and they need ports.

Not strangers. I don’t even care if someone offered 100g. I want to play the game without interruption.

200 IQ MOVE - only buy portal runes so you can’t teleport… expensive tho :stuck_out_tongue:

Advertise? On my server I’d be lucky to do 4-5 ports a hour even if I did advertise.

I can easily make more gold than that playing the game without sitting in IF providing ports.

Sorry, when I make a port for a random person I’m doing them a favor. Making 82s a port is chump change.

Could easily make more free gold doing basically any trade skill and not have to waste my time talking to randoms.