Mage Tower

Agatha was basically a free kill for every spec because outdoor consumables/buffs worked in that fight back then lol.

Ferals? sounds like a savage barbarian spec. No Warrior of the Light will associate himself with such primitivism.

Ha, I see… scared to get your hands dirty

bro i feel this so much. i have almost 300 pulls for the assassination rogue one. i got it down to 25% and there are multiple times where i dont have enough damage to break the shield with out getting fubar’d from jarl. i had to go out and buy all kinds of stuff to be able to do 1.3k dps the whole fight but still at the last 10% its not enough and the position for the mechaincs is straight up BS there are times i only get 2 runes and there are times when i get all 3 the rng is garbage. everyone says do the outlaw rogue one its easier. i shouldnt have to go and learn a new spec that ive never played to do a challenge mode. there really do need to nerf this. im considering unsubscribing. ive had enough of this game.

1 Like

I just said the last time I did MT was Legion, you even quoted me having said that. Why are you acting like you didn’t read it.

Followed by

As if I didn’t just said that in the post you quoted and said it was good advice in Legion🤔 make up your mind.

IIRC they fixed that week 2. You could use thorn pods and stuff from druid class hall if you were really trying to cheese it.

1 Like

You don’t have to have actually done a recent Mage Tower to know about the gear scaling, which I also mentioned earlier in the thread, while you’re on the subject of not reading.

Your advice to grind M+ for ilvl, upgrade legendaries, and try to get 4 pc is the worst advice I’ve ever seen. If you don’t know what you’re talking about it’s best to remain silent. Fortunately you didn’t cost him days or weeks of work for zero gain and he was able to succeed in spite of you.

I was referencing your strategic advice exclusively here, which is why I excerpted that part of your post before my reply. Tunneling the boss may have been a valid strat in Legion, and it may still be the best play for feral, which I haven’t done yet this time. But it is a terrible idea for the specs that I have done it on this time. Because I don’t know for sure, I hedged away from calling you wrong outright, but encouraged him to do research before blindly following your advice, which, like your gearing suggestions, may be completely opposite of what would help him win.

You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to do. It’s completely optional, with nothing but a transmog gated behind it.

Not everything that someone, somewhere can’t do needs to be nerfed. It is fine to have a little content in the game that is actually a challenge and requires people to reach a certain bar. There is already almost everything else in game for people who just want things to fall over while they watch tv.

As far as I can tell, you are wrong again. Sylvan Elixir and Lightblood Elixir are the two outdoor items being referenced, and they are still usable. I can’t find any patch info citing them being disabled, but I do see guides as late as May 2018, over a year after the initial Mage Tower release, advising people to use them for Agatha before the Mage Tower appearances become no longer obtainable.

Is there a reason you don’t fact check yourself before posting blatantly false information, over and over again?

Really early on you could cheese it with order hall buffs and some of the weird legionfall buffs (and also elixirs were bugged to stack infinitely lol)

But lightblood elixirs (and I think sylvan elixir and a couple of special food buffs) continued to work for the whole expansion and trivialized the dps check

Is there a reason you seem to be confrontational over something so pointless? You must not have much else going on in your life that you have to be so horribly rude on the forums. Go take a walk and get some fresh air, god knows you need it.

Weeks 1 and 2 you could use order hall seeds if you were a Druid player that would 1 shot the mobs in the runs and trivialize the entire thing, there were multiple other buffs and cheese mechanics you could do on other classes (I don’t remember them I didn’t care, didn’t do other specs until much later) and they were fixed week 2.

IIRC literally means “if I recall correctly”, but it’s clear you don’t have any more than two braincells to make a single spark of imaginative thinking in your head, so we’re going to leave this conversation where it died, which was your initial response to my thread above.

Talk about main character syndrome :joy: homie thinks the world revolves around his takes.

1 Like

That mope is still going on?! I’ve been ignoring him, he’s one of those very sad miserable people.

1 Like

There is, actually, I’m glad you asked. I don’t think posting false information is a pointless issue at all, and you do it often. You’ve done it in multiple posts in this thread alone. The most egregious example in this thread was your gearing advice for Mage Tower, which is definitively the worst advice I’ve ever seen on the forums, and I have seen things here. To make matters worse, you often present yourself as an expert, which can cause people to take you very seriously. Your willingness to post something with authority that is actually completely wrong can cost people time and frustration.

In this case, not just the OP, but anyone who reads this thread and is struggling with the Mage Tower could take your advice and spend weeks or more gearing up in M+ for literally no effect. They could take your advice and spend gold on legendary upgrades for literally no effect. If you don’t know what you’re talking about, it’s better to just say nothing.

If you think my responses to you are rude, you should be aware that I think your misinformation is rude. If you stop acting like a (donkey) I’ll stop treating you like one.

I guess projection is real. You’re saying this as someone who fills threads with misinformation, presumably because you can’t imagine a thread being complete without your voice, even if you don’t have anything meaningful to add, and often when your addition is actually a detriment. I think I’ve actually seen you post “/thread” after one of your posts, as though there couldn’t possibly be anything to say after you, and just playing the odds, was probably as inaccurate as a lot of your “contributions”.

I actually feel generally happy and content, but I’ll do some introspecting and see if you’re right. Anyone who gets so angry about their inability to complete a task in a video game that they post a tantrum in a public discussion forum should be considered an expert in sad and miserable, so maybe you’re seeing something that I’m not.

life imitates art

1 Like

Really? I’ve got almost 2400 forum posts and I’m very certain that none of them contain tantrums about my inability to complete a task in WoW. So I don’t think this worked as well as you thought it would when you typed it…

Scroll up lol

2 Likes

I scrolled up and found the rest of my sentence that you clipped off:

But anyway, nothing in correcting your bad behavior could actually be identified as a tantrum. The first post in the thread is a tantrum.

I havent farmed any gear other than Emerald Nightmare trinket and the trinket from Hellfire Citadel on caster classes and Guardian druid.

I have the tome mount, so I did all 7 challenges and not necessarily on the “easiest” class for each. If you have some questions maybe we can help out!

2 Likes

We don’t want answers, we want to be angry :axe:

6 Likes

Probably : )

This is my last trial that unlocked my spelltome mount. (Affliction warlock). I never even played affliction warlock. I forget to use a lot of my dots and play like poop. I even forgot to lust until dude chasing me was almost dead. I show my gear, none of it is Chromie, few sockets etc. Maybe it took 30-50 pulls who knows. (Details and BigWigs don’t keep count) But who cares too. Just keep pulling and learn patterns. Those fights are all very scripted and with repetition you totes can tell what’s coming next and prepare in advance in your mind.

I chose to do: (for spelltome mount)
Guardian druid (a fresh 60, with green anima gear from Zereth Mortis)
Mistweaver monk
Outlaw rogue
Subtlety rogue
Assassination rogue
Affliction warlock
Destruction warlock

Some of those are “easy”, none of those choices are “easiest”. None of those characters have a single piece of chromie gear. Bottom line is be patient with yourself. Some people will gloat saying they did some fights in 1-10 pulls. Some require 300. The time you’ll take to farm chromie gear might be the time you’d need to just beat the challenge if you keep trying : )

3 Likes

Most of the book mounts people see are bought from paid services. It’s really no secret. Mage Tower is overtuned in SL. And if we’re being honest, we all know it was a desperate plea to bring players back and was not ptr tested at all.

By most I’m saying you probably see one every couple weeks? Every month? Most of those are bought and paid for.

1 Like

Absolutely, who the hell wants or has the time to get a whole legion raiding set? Anyone who disagrees with my original statement is out of their bird.