Mage Tower weapons?

Hi Blizz,

I’m so impressed how much you’ve done for the game, liberating tmog options including grays and lots of options from the Trading Post. When then not allow us access to the amazing wep transmogs from Legion/Mage Tower?

I say this bc I spent 100k gold (guess) building a MT/timewalking gear set and practicing for my enh shaman. I took notes, watched videos, studied approaches until I beat it and I did it soley for the wep tmog… only to find it was just an outfit! //CRYYYYY. It’s such a cool tmog. Please consider liberating it (and all its sisters) from the vault. Thanks!

Sincerely,

MT pauper

3 Likes

x

How can you claim to do all that research and not see what it was for? And I hope they’re never brought back.

3 Likes

As someone who did it when it was current, for quite a few different characters. I really do not want them to ever bring back the mage tower weapons. It took a LOT of work getting those and studying/practicing for those fights.

I think the armor sets are cool enough, but they need to do something completely new and different for Dragonflight.

Let limited time stuff be limited time stuff.

1 Like

I didn’t start playing WoW until BFA. For the longest time the thing stopping me from picking up and trying the game was because I felt like I had missed out on far too much (WoW was nearly 15 years-old at this point) and I would never have the cool shiny clothes, weapons, and mounts all these people who had been playing for years had.

I’ve always disliked FOMO mechanics in games. Sometimes I understand it if it’s like a limited time promotion (such as the new Diablo thing) or AOTC mounts but when it comes to the majority of FOMO stuff (which there’s quite a lot of) I don’t think it’s cool. I disagree with people here not wanting them to return.

It’s cool if you feel super duper special for getting the weapon when it was current content but that was like 7 years go and I think Blizzard should let people have another chance at getting them again, especially people who didn’t play the game then. It doesn’t need to be a constant but maybe having a yearly event bringing back old transmogs like this is something Blizzard should look into doing.

1 Like

This argument has been made to death.

The Mage Tower coming back (and not bringing back the weapons) was a clear sign the challenge isn’t the same as it was during Legion. They’re not coming back, none of the Challenge Rewards are.

That’s like asking for Arena sets and mounts to come back because you don’t even PvP. You will never own 100% of everything in an MMO, don’t expect them to hand it to you cause you asked.

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with wanting certain time-limited transmogs to come back, even just temporarily for a challenge event kind of thing.

The only people who are against this are the same types of people that were complaining when they brought back Tyrael’s Charger for the Diablo event.

While I don’t think every transmog item needs to be like this I don’t think it’s absurd for wanting a chance at getting Mage Tower weapons again. Especially for people like me that hadn’t played the game yet, you know. the elusive new WoW player that Blizzard wants to court.

There’s nothing wrong with it staying gone either and the only people that want it brought back is those that want something for nothing.

Where did I say I want something for nothing? Cool strawman.

Learned from the best. Where did anyone in this thread complain about Tyrael’s Charger?

But let me guess… it’s fine when you do it.

Pointing out similarities in some players thought processes isn’t the same as strawmanning someone lol

You’re obviously unable to address any of the substance in my original arguments so it’s not worth continuing this conversation

I think my reply came off way ruder and combative than it should have been. I don’t think this topic is so serious to warrant that so I’m sorry.

I’m gonna leave it up for posterity but let’s just agree to disagree.

The difference about the Tyrael’s Charger that no one is actually complaining about is that it was originally a reward for a Year long membership during content drought in Mists. You had to do nothing but pay for a sub. That’s not really exclusive.

They then allowed people to purchases it for a small period of a few weeks, which was again fine. Then added it as a drop for this event, which was also fine. No one was upset about it because it was a mount you got for free.

Difficulty content like Arenas, the Mage Tower, the Challenge Mode dungeons, those are time limited and tuned rewards for completely something extremely difficult during that time period. If you wanted to earn them, you had to work for it. The argument that keeps coming back is to just bring back the challenge but the game physically and mechanically no longer works that way. Those challenges will never be 1:1 again. I worked really hard through Legion to earn all 36 Mage Tower weapons, there was a lot of time investment, gold investment, and frustration put into that effort. Same with the Mists CM, I didn’t earn every set but I got the sets I wanted from the classes I wanted and while I’d love to get some that I missed. I’m okay with not because I didn’t run those classes when it was content when I had the chance.