Mage Tower in Dragonflight

I am curious what the plans are for the Mage Tower in Dragonflight?

Will it remain available? Since a lot of the power items that were NOT allowed in mage tower are now being baked in to the talents, it will make this a lot easier. However if the plans are to shut it down once DF launches I would hope for some communication from Blizzard to confirm that.

and yes I know there is plenty of time between now and then to finish it, I just wanted to create this to give some community exposure so people are well aware of the intention BEFORE it gets shut down.

2 Likes

dont see why they would shut it down

3 Likes

because they currently do not allow legendary powers for use in mage tower but those will now be talents, also shadowlands covenant powers as well

1 Like

Because they are effects attached to gear pieces in the current expansion. Once they become talents it’ll be fine. It would make absolutely no sense for them to shut down the MT.

4 Likes

You’ve given me hope that I will one day be able to roll through mage tower again, yay.

2 Likes

I mean maybe not roll through it, but no denying we’re rolling the dice on tuning again and I can’t imagine them going harder than it is currently so that’s something. Just hoping that the new talents make classes a little more fun.

1 Like

I don’t want to spend 500,000 gold on pots and drums to do all the mage towers so some nerfs to Xyleem and Twins via new talents is not the end of the world to me. In fact I kind of appreciate it. Sure we’ll see more Monster Energy Bears out there but that’s fine.

4 Likes

I don’t see why they’d remove it, since I assume they disabled those powers specifically to make it easier to balance in future expansions. If the new talents make significant changes, I’m sure you’ll see them rebalance those scenarios to keep them roughly the same difficulty.

I hope they tune it to account for the talent trees instead of just letting it become even more trivial because of the talent trees. I like seeing unique things in game that not everyone and their brother has. For example, I never raid mythic. But when I see someone on a mythic boss mount I’m like “yo, that’s pretty cool!”

If they are going to let it become trivial, I hope the book mount either gets removed as a reward or they give a different coloration or something so that it’s distinguishable between those who actually did the challenge vs those who just went in when they can face roll it with their eyes closed.

1 Like

I doubt that they’re going to take the Mage Tower away again. They were very adamant when they brought it back that it would be back forever. It would be kind of silly to bring the Mage Tower back after people complained that it was only available for one expansion and then make it only available for one expansion.

Since the new talent trees are part of our character and not borrowed power, I’d expect them all to function inside the Mage Tower. For a lot of specs I expect this to make the Tower easier, but I don’t see it being trivialized. None of the talents are strong enough to do that. So long as mechanics that are intended to be one-shots are still one-shots and the average time to kill remains relatively constant then I think that the tuning hits its mark.

1 Like

My guess is they don’t take it away and don’t retune it at all.

It’ll be left as legacy thing to do and how hard or easy it is will be left up to how the level 70 tuning shakes out.

2 Likes

Keep in mind all those juicy new powers are at the bottom of the trees, and you won’t be able to reach them at Legion level (45).

1 Like

i doubt tw will reduce your talent points.
right now in tw you are tuned to level 45 but you still get access to the last row, which requires level 50 to unlock

1 Like

It won’t be removed, during some interviews Devs mentioned actually that Dracthyr won’t have access to the mage tower but basically the other classes will have this content available.

It’s return was promoted as evergreen content, however the change to another form of talents, player power, trinkets…etc will always impact an evergreen content that scale your character to a lower level and some fights will be easier other harder.

Can we get an answer on this?

As of now, Mage Tower is not on PTR