Mage Tower hype pretty much disappeared

your thread is nonsense for thinking they would change their minds about their stance of mage tower skins

they firmly said they won’t come back after Legion was over and they stuck to it.

14 Likes

This thread is nonsense.

9 Likes

so what? you think blizzard hasn’t gone back on their “firm” stances before?

7 Likes

Your thread is nonsense, no offense.

8 Likes

You make it sound like this was something that was kept from us, but they revealed the rewards in the exact same announcement as the mage tower’s return. Even WoWhead, which had datamined the sets weeks in advance, was saying that these would likely be the mage tower’s new rewards.

6 Likes

mage tower challenge itself yea it should come back cause it was a unique fight

the mage tower artifact appearances?

they said no and they mean NO

now take their no and be done with it

13 Likes

Wow, guy, easy. Whatever issue I personally find unsatisfactory is the reason wow is dying, OK? Stick to the script

2 Likes

that doesn’t really answer my question though. blizzard has firmly established plenty of things before. do you think this would be a first for them to backpedal on?

1 Like

they will not backpedal on mage tower artifact skins and they never will

be grateful you get new reskins of a tier in replacement and be done with it

besides now that this exist, mage tower skins are most likely NEVER EVER will come back and I’m glad they won’t for sure

3 Likes

you don’t really have to take my word for it though. you can just look at what a ghost town the game is and the general feedback from wow communities.

looks like their firm stances this expansion have resulted in disaster :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You know when blizzard steps back from that stance it will be amusing to see the whiplash you have as you defend that stepback.

9 Likes

honestly, this post seems more like you trying to convince yourself of what you’re saying rather than anything else!

And this is because of the mage tower, though?

This seems like an untenable argument. Every dev team has to have some lines in the sand. Blizz frequently makes wrong decisions, sure, but you seem to be implying that every major request from the community needs to be catered to in order to avoid “disaster.”

There’s absolutely no way to make everyone happy in WoW. Sure, the community is generally pretty unified on issues like conduit energy and covenant swapping, but the mage tower is perhaps one of the most contentious issues WoW has ever seen; right up there with high elf inclusion.

Re-adding the cosmetic rewards just makes collectors who do time-exclusive content upset, which in turn makes them less likely to do such content in the future.

Seriously. Make your own “should mage tower weapons come back?” thread and I guarantee you’ll get a civil war with responses split right down the middle.

4 Likes

idk about all that, but this expansion is their biggest disaster yet!

except I and everyone else knows that they stand their ground on mage tower skins

however you can wait till Legion classic rolls around and you can enjoy your mage tower skin then

infact if you’re so into limited time things you can get your 2nd chance right now in classic, you’re wasting time bickering here when you can get corrupted ashbringer or anyof those limited time items before the inevitable wotlk classic and beyond

2 Likes

i agree you look cute already

1 Like

We’ll see how well it actually gets tested and how balanced (or unbalanced) it ends up being. Then I’ll have a better idea of what to expect from it.

I was here for WoD and BFA so your hyperbole doesn’t really hold up. SL may be the last straw for players who are tired of the dev team’s vision, but it’s by no means the game’s worst expansion.

Not that this point is relevant, of course. I don’t see how any of that has to do with the dev team’s decision on the mage tower.

1 Like

I lost hype for it because it’s only open during 2 weeks of legion time walking.

2 Likes

idk what’s worse. the complaining about boosting or the complaining about limited rewards.

fEaR oF mIsSiNg OuT

You’re wrong. Because of how much stuff Legion TW is adding (mage tower and m+ legion dungeons) the first week Legion TW is available will last an extra week aka 2 weeks instead.

Afterwards, it’ll be put on the typical event cycle. It’s not a one time thing.