Mage Tower Availability Extended and Tuning Adjustments

doesnt cost anything if you farm it yourself

8 Likes

How in ANY world is a sub 10% hp reduction a heck nerf.

3 Likes

I fell ya. I have tried so many gear combos. I used up 750 Naz pearls to get sockets in my legs and hands.

They missed the mark on the mage tower. Should have made a templet for each class.

2 Likes

soo… 5% on a 1k to 1.3k frostbolt… is like 75 damage… are you for real on this? Also The only way for a Havoc to die in a comet storm was if we had less then 40% of our health, so what was the point of this? I’d be more satisfied if the adds in P2 were a little less in health. Or even better if the time between casts was a little better

7 Likes

you must be delirious if you think they are going to revert any kills/achievements

2 Likes

Good changes! Now the casual folks can get their mogs too, happy for them

So does this mean there are more hotfixed that could happen or is this it?

1 Like

Honestly I feel this is only a bandaid. There needs to be more tuning IMO on some parts of the challenges that a ~10% hp removal isn’t going to fix. Going to try my best but damn…This sucks. I didn’t want to shell out thousands of gold for the skins I wanted :T

12 Likes

It’s quite a bit actually. I completed it day 2 on my Guardian Druid, he died the exact same time I did meaning if he had 10% less hp than he would have died without me dying at all. Seriously… that’s 10% less hp you have to worry about on your dps check. Although I definitely think some of these are over tuned and I was vocal about it I also at the same time think some people just want stuff handed to them. If it’s not easy it’s not good enough. If my terrible butt can complete it so can you.

2 Likes

They will continue to nerf players until whatever gear they use is worthless.

Anything on the Demo warlock challenge? The runes are difficult enough to get to in time without the knockbacks into valkyr. I get that it’s mechanics based but it’s annoying when the mechanics can overlap as much as they do. One time I had all three empowerment going at once. Would be nice if the healing orbs stayed up until you picked them up or something, they keep appearing when I’m at full health and despawning when I drop below 80%.

Also it would be nice if the dialogue was sped up. Listening to the NPCs talk is… shorter than some dungeon RP but when you’re trying to get a challenge down the extra 10 seconds gets irritating. In fact, since it’s not something we have to pay a currency to do like back in Legion, any chance of getting a retry option rather than a release/leave tower button, to save us the extra couple of loading screens?

3 Likes

They’ve done it in the past for other abused mechanics, IE: saronite grenades in ICC.
If they want the integrity of the challenge to be fair - they need to do the right thing, by doing a full tuning sweep across all the specs, and nerf the timewalking gear to the ground. OR… Give us a standardized set of gear when we enter these challenges.

1 Like

This part here is unfortunate. Like people who used cyclone to avoid hands the entire twins encounter, etc.

I’m guessing this was just an extra layer of work they decided not to bother with.

1 Like

Also, by way of bug report, every time I enter the Agatha encounter on my Unholy DK and Feral Druid she despawns and I can’t even try the encounter.

1 Like

Yeah… I’m about to go buy some adderall or something cause my ADHD is really struggling with the Shadow Priest one now. I did it back in legion, but the strats were different. You used to be able to burn down Karam when he chased you for the last time. Now if you do that, Raest enraged by 500% instead of the original 100%. Total BS.

This. These fights need to be tuned on a base template with no gear, enchants, or consumables factored into the tuning.

Not really. If something is supposed to be a test of your skill with that spec, only the things which that spec bring should be used.

I crafted some gear since this character is a tailor, but I refuse to spend another copper on consumables.

7 Likes

Thats a good thing though! I definitely think that the Kruul nerfs are worth it. Just that as 10% is way less than like say 30% which is where I would consider it a staggering nerf. I don’t want these skins handed out but, I definitely still feel that the numbers are just completely off the mark even with these buffs (Looking at you 5% xylem nerf for HDH)

Don’t know about that. Survival hunter third phase of xylem I can get to 40% hp with the whole room covered killing the adds. Doing around 800 k dps. I don’t know what else I could improve on without just throwing money at it which I do not want to do.

I have seen many players on the forum describe using old gear/old gems/old enchants to be “exploiting”. I expect to continue to see more of these nerfs.

Really? They’re going to nerf gear players have access to and limit the possibility of success to gear that only top players have access to.

I don’t think any of this was accidental or incidental. They’re using it as an excuse to eliminate old gear from the game. Screw levelers. They already nerfed the artifact so hard it’s worthless. Hope you find a real weapon elsewhere, levelers!

1 Like

That wasnt abused… that was an accident that Ensidia had to take the L on.