Mage tower as enhance

Now that lavalash spreads flameshock do I literally just take it off my bars as enhance in mage tower? Impossible to hex with 3 flameshocks automatically rolling…

You have to stop the cast from going off. The easiest way is probably just sandbagging sundering for it, alternatively hex has a shorter cast if you can get the timing right. The upside is that flameshock spread and cleave makes the enh mage tower fast to the extent that you only really have to do this twice.

2 Likes

I was having the same problem, I’m a returning player who loved mage tower in legion so it was the first thing I wanted to do when I came back. I struggled until I started trying different builds instead of following the guide on wowhead.

• flame shock pumps, lean into that.
  • I used lashing flames instead of ele blast and cleaved as often as possible, max flame shock up time on all three targets
  • I used elemental spirits instead of ascendance for more frequent burst. Pop it on pull with lust, it will be up again in time for shield breaks
  • hold cap totem for bladestorm
  • hex Sigryn immediately on blood of the father cast. If the hex goes off before she finishes casting she will not recast if you break hex early. Sundering and cap stun will also stop it
  • use full consumables, it’s a damage check as much as it is a mechanical check
  • don’t panic

Hope that helps

I am not a PvEr. As such, any recommendations on consumables and such to use for it? Any thoughts on using green/lower ilvl gear to maximize the preferred secondary stats?

What if Sigryn gets the cast off? Hex will be break and you’re screwed.

Yeah unfortunately since flame shock spread is really hard to avoid on sigryn if the cast goes off you are probably dead. bfa agi flask, not sure which food is best, and potion of unbridled fury are generally the strongest mage tower consumables. That said I don’t think its super necessary for enh since between flame shock cleave and the frost shock talent you go really fast if you get the aoe just right.

I’d recommend cheaping out and using healing potions+trinkets that can heal like quantum device since they make mistakes much easier to deal with and just keep going til you get the timing right for the sigryn casts and get that opener with hero perfect with all 3 sitting with big flame shock dots and frost shock aoe going out for most of hero. If I remember correctly first cast happens shortly after the 2nd wave of rune circles that you have to run over, and the second is like five or six mechanics later.

1 Like

Use the flask of Spectral power or the old bfa agility flask. Spectral healing potions as an “oh shi-” button. I used haste food, I don’t remember the name.

I did not farm out any green gear but I did put on my heart of azeroth neck and miss matched the little gear I had from shadowlands s1 to get a good balance of Haste and mastery. I had like 35% mastery, 19% haste (with food), 14 vers, and I don’t remember the crit.

I’ve seen some guides and videos that swear by farming out greens and old trinkets to squeeze out as much damage as possible so that’s definitely an option. The “Dragonspine Trophy” from gruul’s lair tbc raid apparently gives a TON of haste. I’ve also heard the “ravaged seed pod” from the Emerald nightmare is also very good. I personally did not bother with those but that’s something you can do if you’re really struggling. As far as I know they haven’t been nerfed.

If Sigryn finishes the cast, consider it a wipe. You can try leaving her hexed for the full duration to recover but if it breaks early it’s 100% over.

A couple other tips that I didn’t mention in the first post

• if you’re doing the triple flame shock cleave, make sure to blow all damage on pull
  • earth ele to tank the Jarl’s first berserk for you so you can pump more during lust
  • use healing stream totem on CD
  • use earth shield and keep it up 100% of the time
  • mage tower is not in DBM. They have a “challenges” plug in that you need to install separately. (You can get the cadence of mechanics down without however it is INVALUABLE for tracking the count down for “Blood of the Father” casts because you’re gonna want to start casting hex like 1 or 2 seconds before she begins casting so it lands right when she starts. This will effectively kick and silence her from casting it further even if the hex breaks right after. Think of it like locking arcane on a frost mage by kicking poly. I used a focus hex macro so I could tunnel damage into the Runeseer.)
2 Likes

Pull Sygrin to the opposite side and Hex, Then fight the other 2 npc’s to death without breaking the Hex because she is gonna be so far away. When hex breaks, take some time kiting her so the DR dissapears and reapply it, and go on with fighting the 2 guys.

Rinse and repeat until the mage one is dead, then the warrior and then Sygrin.

Do not do this, this strat does not work anymore. You will not make the soft enrage if you go for max CC uptime on Sigryn.

Just use sundering to interrupt her…

1 Like

Just use interrupt to sunder her.

1 Like

Use sunder during your first bloodlust/hero zerg, but just on the first window. Once my cd’s ran out I saved sunder strictly for blood of the father cast. What ever you do, don’t let her cast it or it’s gg. You can also risk hexing it but since it has a cast time it’s harder to achieve. Also for anyone trying to complete this, use the ravaged seed pot and the unblinking seethe trinkets both of them did roughly 30% of my dps for the fight. My highest dps spell was flameshock with the talent to increase. I also ran wolves instead of ascendance.

I used the trinket from Socrethar from WoD and just spammed them all down and made a cast@focus macro for Hex to interrupt the cast when it started. The trinket made the fight an immense joke

An immense joke is a bit of an overstatement, does it make it towards the fight ending quicker, yes it does. The player still has to pay attention to the mechanics in order to succeed.

The soft enrage is pretty steep at 5mins. So a less experienced player may need some trinket like that to make the dps check. It’s doable without the cheese though. I killed the first add right at the soft enrage and then left Sigryn hexed until the end of the fight

I did not use any old gear, just full pvp gear. Save Sundering to stop the cast and you should be able get it.

I’m pretty sure there’s no soft enrage in that fight. Also, the gain in damage you are gonna get by having Sygrin in the fight is pretty minimal by some Flame Shock damage and a little bit from Crash Lightning. Maybe a little more if you are going Fire Nova but it’s not tha case for a 3 target fight.

There’s a lot of things to interrupt so it’s better to have her Hexed and spend your interrupts on the caster and your stuns on the guy with the axes.

There is a soft enrage, at just over the 5 minute mark, all three cast their empowered abilities at once, and will continue to do so with very little time inbetween until the fight ends.

There is a hard enrage at around 7 minutes as well. They do berserk, just like a raid boss’s enrage.

Your whole post is full of radically incorrect information.

1 Like

Great information here, thank you everyone.

Bro I did my strategy during the real Challenge in Legion with Nighthold gear and just 1 Legendary at that time.

It’s totally doable withing that timeframe you say it exists having Sygrin in CC all the time.

So did I. It’s apples to oranges. They are tuned different and no legendaries, even legion ones don’t work, same with conduits. Enhancement’s damage profile in pve has been retooled since legion. It might as well be a different fight now. You have no idea what you’re talking about. I did around 50 attempts (took less than 10 in legion) using the legion strat. I did not clear it until I started experimenting with other builds. Mastery scales better when you’re scaled down. Something like 30% of my total damage was just flame shock.

It’s legit harder now than it was in legion. I’m saying that as someone who did both.

1 Like