Mage question

Hey guys. Just boosted a mage to 120. Having fun so far. Is there a site or page or link to something that recommends what equipment I need to farm/focus on getting based on the build or builds I choose? 402 ilvl right now and still working on cloak. Obviously not talking Mythic raid stuff yet. I was hoping for some guide that would tell me, for example, that I needed Xpiece from Xboss in Xdungeon if I am doing Xbuild. Hope that made sense.

Also, help with… if you want to do XBuild then the following stats are what you need to look for and why.

There are a number of websites that have guides for each spec, such as IcyVeins and WoWHead. You can also take a look at Bloodmallet’s sims to see which Azerite traits, trinkets, corruptions, etc. sim the highest for the main builds of each spec.

Also, do you know what build you want to be?

Alright, so you are gonna get a lot of answers here.

Icy veins generally has a couple builds listed, tells you the BiS for each build.

But at the end of the day, you have to sim for whatever build you have chosen, run the gear that compliments it (mastery haste for aoe, versa haste single target) and you can sim each piece, trinkets, traits, essences.

Once you hit certain lvls of mastery though(over 50 percent) it wins in single target and AOE I think.