Mage or druid

Which is more fun betwen Mage and druid? I don’t care about performance, tanking or healing just for fun rotation, lore, utility.

I would be playing feral/balance druid or frost/fire mage

Whenever I pick herbs while on my mage I wish I was on my Druid. QoL is so high with Druid and everything feels so fluid.

Mage is fun when you want to just sit down and go turret mode but tbh venthyr boomy fills that role and convoke is just a fun button to press.

I play both, and the same specs, and I like both of them. Druid is better for solo content with stealth when needed. honestly, play both depending on the day. I would try them both out and see what you like.

I was thinking about the same but I have a warlock as well and unfortunately I don’t have time to play the 3 of them unless I leave my lock and I play both of them. What a tough decision

Lore/Utility: Druid
Fun rotation: Neither?
Transmog: Mage

1 Like

Coming from rogue and going to a range i looked at a few things. How can I cheese mechanics. With rogue you have shadowstep which is amazing, you also have cloak to cheese some mechanics with magic damage. Just from a raiding perspective.

So when I choose a ranged class I chose mage because of the QoL mechanics cheesing that mage has. As a frost mage you have two ice blocks, 2 blinks, also have alter time which allows you to put a copy of yourself on the ground and then in 10 seconds it takes you back to the spot you laid it down or you just press the spell again to transport back, it’s really amazing.

druid 100 times, i have both but being mage mostly means long queue times for everything

1 Like

I don’t like the druid rotation.

I love Druid lore and also the celestial theme of Balance spec, but I really don’t enjoy having to stop for a second and put Moonfire and Sunfire on mobs. It just feels out of place for me on the class’ rotation to have two global cooldowns you have to sit through. I know that’s how it’s always been but it’s just not my style.

I would love it if Moonfire was the default spell, and during each eclipse, the spell changed into Moon or Sun respectively. And you only needed to put a DoT spell up once!

I also love the idea of being able to turn into animals… but (as a Balance Druid) you actually realize that you never really need go into Bear Form or Cat Form very much besides for the occasional moment where you need the survivability of Bear Form. Having to be in Moonkin Form/Star form just feels clunky to me and I start to miss being able to clearly see my armor.

That’s just a Mage’s two cents.