Mage or druid?

Which is more fun betwen Mage and druid? I don’t care about performance, tanking or healing just for fun rotation, lore, utility.

I would be playing feral/balance druid or frost/fire mage

Only my OPINION.

I’ve played since the beginning day of wow.

I have 5 level 60 Druids and have a 6th at 55 at this moment.

My only mage is still in the 40’s (Think the highest I get her was 80-90ish)

But again this is based on my OPINION only and what I find enjoyable.

Druid can do 4 things while mages can do 1.

Go with a Druid. If one spec/style isn’t your cup of tea, rotate the plate and try something new without needing to level a new toon

1 Like

Druid is the only class that can do all 4 roles. Tank, melee DPS, Ranged DPS, and heal.

If you get tired of one, or need a break, or maybe your friends needs x y or z for a run, you can swap it up. Its nice when someone asks in the guild “yeah, need some x y or z for a guild run” and being able to answer “Yup, I can do that” no matter the role.

like now, for me…taking a few weeks off from tanking. So I’m playing more Resto as a result. Quest in feral, get all sorts of fun.

1 Like

Druid. Or, alternatively, if you want to feel like what a mage should actually be, Ele Shaman.

I would say if you want to focus on ranged dps, go Mage because that is all that it does.

If, however, you want some more versatility, go with Druid because it can tank, heal, and do melee dps.

1 Like

Lmao do yall even read what people say?

As to op, personally i enjoy the druid dps rotations over frost/fire. Mage specs all feel the same to me, but with different color themes. Druid dps both feel different and distinct. Having said that, obviously feral is melee, so you have that to consider.

Yes. Tanking and healing indicates a group setting. But that does not take away the fact that even in solo play, Druid allows you 4 distinct play styles.

Boomy: ranged hard hitter
Feral: melee hard hitter
Guardian: melee softer hitter but higher survivability
Resto: ranged softer hitter but higher survivability.

I leveled my Druid as Guardian, and my Paladin as Holy because they can do as much, if not more, with less downtime and it’s fun playing a bit different when you’re by yourself.

Mage is 1 play style with different visuals. Druid still allows 4 different styles of play. My answer still stands, Druid because you can play 4 different ways

Ok, but they also said

You do you 🤷🏿

Yes, but they also haven’t tried either one out. They may end up hating all 4 options they decided on. And if you put in the work, may as well have options in case things go sideways.

Druid > Mage

If you’re specifically interested in ranged DPS, I’d say go Mage over Boomkin. Mage has three playstyle options, so you’re more likely to find one that suits your play style and/or is appropriately tuned. Boomkin is in a good place right now, but that hasn’t always been the case, especially when considered across the entire breadth of end-game content (raid, M+ and PvP). Mage almost always has at least one spec that’s meta.

ele shaman