Mage or druid?

Which is more fun between Mage and druid? I don’t care about performance, tanking or healing just for fun rotation, lore, utility.

I would be playing feral/balance druid or frost/fire mage for arenas, bgs and mythics

2 Likes

Personally, I have more fun with druids but that’s just me.

:cookie:

2 Likes

I find both Fire and Frost a lot more fun compare to Balance or Feral. Feral feels like a slow rogue, and Balance is too reliant on covenant CDs.

2 Likes

Druid is way more fun then mage especially if you enjoy pvp.

My favorite past time is just ganking people as a Druid feral has so many tools as well I don’t think there is a single class that can beat Feral 1v1

2 Likes

Can you provide details why is it more fun for you?

1 Like

I’d probably say Mage.

Druid: Balance is okay but gets repetitive after a while. Feral is just a worst rogue.

Mage: Frost Mage is meh but you might be into the proc-fishing gameplay and keeping enemies at bay. Arcane Mage is surprisingly fun and unique thanks to the mana management and huge burst windows. Fire Mage is a thematic masterpiece that is in my opinion the most well crafted spec in the game.

Basically, Mage has 3 distinct and interesting specs while Druid has a bleh Balance spec and the poor-man’s rogue.

3 Likes

I like the various forms - the class hall flight form is a free two person flying mount. I love exploring underwater and so the seal form is also fun (as is stealth in kitty form).

And this is silly but doing Torghast as a resto druid is hilarious since you get power ups that make you almost god-mode.

Does that help?

:cookie:

1 Like

Sure it is… Prob a rogue or paladin

1 Like

Druid is absolutely more fun. Shapeshifting / “Weaving” is fun.

It’s also the better performer with better roles.

Mage Transmog is unmatched tho…

1 Like

Two out three forms of pvp? Mage, unless you think you’ll enjoy melee more.

1 Like

I can’t Mage worth my life, so I stick to Druid. I can heal myself. lol

1 Like

It seems druid is the answer. It is a shame because I dont like to be a fat chicken

1 Like

No need to be a fat chicken! You can get a glyph that makes your Balance form more star-like than chicken-based.

1 Like

It is all feathers :smirk_cat:

You can’t ask others to make this decision for you. Until you actually play them for yourself you’ll never get what really fits you.

1 Like

Play both. That’s what I do. Play styles are very different. I prefer druid due to self heals and mobility. But mages are great alts for skipping around the world via portals and the transmogs are good. Takes like 6 hours to get to level 50 and another 6 to get to max? Just make both and have fun

I mean they don’t play anything alike. Even a Balance druid plays nothing like any 3 of the Mage specs. As for me, I’m a pyromaniac so I have mained fire mage for forever. Druids, I don’t like dealing with several form switching but thats’ part of it.

1 Like

Maybe in more structured PVP but out in the world you believe that?

It is because I have 3 casters: druid, mage and warlock. I am planning to play 2 of them but not the 3 because of my limited time.

If you had to choose 2 of 3, what classes would you choose?

Try them both and see what you like. I play both and it depends on the day on what I would like to play.