Mage needs a rework and its a slap in the face to give us nothing

There is no difference between the specs. Everything moves easily and relies on instant casts.

These new talent trees giving every spec everything is ridiculous. Fire should be the ones with DB. Arcane should be the only ones with displacement. Frost should be the only ones with double block.

Gone are the days of each mage having their individual “bombs” and choosing one. Different specs having different playstyles like fire spamming instants with big combust windows, arcane being slippery and having huge utility, and frost being the king of slows and big shatter combos.

Every spec is running around, spamming instant procs and doing huge damage with almost the same toolkits (except fire). The only difference is that frost has more survivability than every other mage spec and all the damage as well, arcane has damage, fire has no damage, no survivability, no nothing.

Please get these specs changed, it isn’t fun to play whichever does the most damage and all play the same with slightly reskinned spells.

Fire has the best survivability of the 3 specs. Arcane doesn’t have any instant cast procs. What are you talking about?

1 Like

I should have specified for pvp mainly.

Design of mage is terrible right now.

Frost is… lol.

Funny. Frost actually has the highest death rate of the mage specs in raid. Arcane’s barrier is a 25% magic dr when its active, and cauterize is very strong.

Once they fix spellslinger for frost I think youll find the specs do play quite differently. Arcane is all casts with some barrages thrown in. Frost will do massive GS dmg in ST at least, and Fire plays like it always has.

1 Like

Which rock did you crawl out from?

1 Like

I wish there was a down vote button here.

Mage had a (well needed) MASSIVE rework in Dragonflight patch 10.1.5.

Not sure if you skipped that expansion, but Mage was in a horrible state for a long time until that patch basically reinvigorated the class.

The removal of Rune of Power was a long-desired change, and cooldowns like Icy Veins actually feel like they make a difference again.

Not to mention, the complete rework Arcane got coming into The War Within.

So yeah. I really don’t know what you’re upset about. Specs like Balance Druid and Shadow Priest are actually suffering by comparison. So, this is just super funny to read.

Shadow priest literally got a huge rework going into shadowlands and they brought back devouring plague. So what are YOU talking about lol

Frost definitely needs a rework because its spec tree is an abhorrent mess. The other two specs have some really good trees that only need a bit of work each and they both got some major overhauls with TWW while Frost got practically nothing. The class tree also needs some serious work but it’s not as bad as Frost.

You should play a Shadow Priest yourself or at the very least go read the Priest forums. If you think Devouring Plague was the savior of the spec, you really have no idea about their plight at all lol.

Well it sounds like every class needs a rework because every forum for every class is calling for one. But it doesn’t change the fact it did get a rework whether ppl liked that rework or not

Are you implying that Frost Mage in fact does not need a rework then as well? What is your stance in regard to the subject of this post then?

My response was to you claiming that no one should be crying about mage because they got reworks yet Druid and shadow priest needs one. Shadow priest got one not that long ago. They are not going to rework classes and specs every expansion.

So you don’t have an open stance on the topic at hand. But this statement implies you do not want Frost Mage reworked regardless.

Interesting declaration to make by the way. I wonder if what you say matters to blizzard. Becuase no matter what we say, they’re going to rework and redesign classes in any way they see fit depending on feedback and data.

Because frost and Arcane are super op

Beta is over, so you can wait until the next xpac if a rework is what you’re hoping for.

They don’t do true reworks mid-xpac.

In the meantime, reroll if you deeply dislike the gameplay because it’s not changing for the next 2 years.

This is false since the Mage 10.1.5 was a major shake up of the class because just the removal of Rune of Power alone was a big enough change to warrant gameplay chamges as well.

They’re also reworking Paladins and Rogues iirc again in 11.0.5 , it just so happens that Frost is one of those in a dore need of rework since its spec tree is in absolute shambles and it got practically nothing in TWW and even in 10.1.5 the changes weren’t that major to the tree itself.

They also introduced an entirely new spec for Evokers in 10.1.5 so now we know they are willing to make drastic changes mid expansion.

I was talking about mainly in a PvP sense for anyone wondering and saying I dont know what I am talking about. (I have played mage for 12 years, so I am not dumb when it comes to this class and I know what each spec has)

When I say “rework” I mean spicing stuff up between the specs again, we are too homogenized.

IN PVP specifically, frost does everything that arcane and fire do, but better. Arcane has an advantage of movement and spellsteal spam without going oom. Fire does nothing compared to them as far as utility goes and has subpar damage since DB and ring of fire is open to all 3 specs.

“rework” in my mind means changing some stuff to make each spec a little bit more unique and brought in line with eachother. Which is completely possible mid xpac and has happened before. Look at the 20th anniversary patch also, huge changes for other specs/classes. Even if you take nothing from frost or arcane, giving fire some sort of unique utility or defensives would be nice. Also, frost needs permanent water ele back as an option.

Talent shuffling is not a rework and Augmentation was the biggest detriment to both the class and game, so I wouldn’t call that a rework either.

Augmentation was already probably being worked ob since beta but didn’t meet the release date as they have been rushing out expansions after BFA.

It’s not just talent shuffling though, we’ve had some major reworks mid-expansion in Dragonflight. It’s entirely possible we’ll get one for Frost considering how bad it has it, but probably only around 11.1.5 if nothing else comes our way in the next few weeks for the anniversary patch.

Most people probably agree on this.