Mage DPS Check

For anyone running mage, and especially arcane, I need to know what you guys are getting from a typical dungeon run. I’m not interested in raid data, but on a dungeon run 18 or higher. For me I expect to see about 175K - 200K overall DPS on any given run. What tinkers I have on seems to have very little impact. For how much work it is, I feel like a slog, like I’m hitting low. What do you guys get?

Yeah normally averaging about 200k. 220k with a good run, and sometimes you get the odd group with an Aug and 3400 tank doing decent pulls you get closer to 300k. So many variables in pugs and which actually dungeons you’re doing obviously favour certain specs. The last two weeks with afflicted and incorporeal sometimes it becomes a bit chaotic as well.

1 Like

200K and up for me, i manage my cooldowns pretty well, im much much better in dungeons then raids

1 Like

It depends on a LOT of things:

• How good are the other dps?
  • How good is the healer? (This is a big one.) If I’m spending more time saving my rear than dpsing, it makes a huge difference. Especially on bursting weeks which are to the point where I don’t even do 8 that week and just do one 20.
  • Does the tank take one of the more common routes through or some weird, “what are you doing, dude” type thing?
  • Is it one of the God-awful incorporeal or afflicted weeks where I’m on add duty?
  • As always, did you get decent orb procs or was it 10 consecutive barrages with none?

Atal Dezar always seems to be a low dps dungeon for me where I’m below 200k but others like Everbloom I’ll be around 300k.

3 Likes

I’ve only come back to Arcane seriously for the last 2 weeks and I’m only doing 170-180 in keys because I haven’t done the fights enough to know when to hold and when to blow CD’s.

Was having a really great 22 DHT last night but timed my big burns poorly twice, screwed up the burn due to movement and mechanics, and watched my meters sink.

If I had one wish it would be to have them FINALLY give up on Siphon Storm. I’ve come to not mind the burns and mini-burns but the added time Siphon Storm adds to the big burn is just mind numbingly frustrating.

1 Like

Nah, man, I LOVE it when I have all my CDs lined up for a boss fight, but the tank decides they’re going to make this other small pull first…

1 Like

I’d just chalk it up to how quickly the adds die. If you’re playing with some classes with more on demand burst, they’ll melt the pulls before you get fully into your ramp. And if they die before the full 12s of ToM then that’s a bummer.
If you’re doing higher keys where the packs have more health and are living longer and still feel like you’re struggling, then it’s probly cooldown usage and rotation.
But I’m betting it’s adds dying too fast.

1 Like