Mage Class Weapon Quest Bugged? (Staff of Rime/Staff of Order)

I won the scroll today, deciphered it, got the quest, then got Scroll: Essence of Fire

I got to the step about solving the fire puzzle. Went to the stone in Burning Steppes, destroyed it with Frost, and nothing happened. I tried clicking Scroll: Essence of Fire, nothing happened.

I tried abandoning the quest to see if I could pick it up again, and I can’t.

Anybody have any ideas?

I have the same issue, I can’t even see or interact with the stone.

It’s super buggy, had to abandon at the second step and reaccept.
Then the imps weren’t showing in the last part and had to relog.

what if someone had a full quest log and could not accept the quest, as is the case with my mage class weapon. i got the scroll, didnt have room in my quest log, and have no way to reacquire the quest. i now have a bricked mage class weapon quest due to not being able to pickup the quest again anywhere. The scroll itself is considered a consumable and when clicked on, it deciphered it and turned it into another item, but it did not give me the quest, so i literally can not go further.

I moved this over to a relevant thread since it wasn’t related to the original thread in question and it’s best to leave each thread focused on one issue at a time. That said, this is a known issue and we’re working on it.

Thanks for the report!

1 Like

Thank you for the update, any idea on when this fix might be available? Is there hope to see it during tomorrows maintenance?

Sadly, we can’t provide ETAs. All I can do is confirm that it’s on our radar. :frowning:

Edit: To answer your question here, this isnt’ something that Customer Service would be able to help with. Game Masters can’t address bugs.

1 Like

I was thinking they might give me back the original undeciphered scroll so I could start over, that’s within their ability?

With how it’s set up, that wouldn’t help even if it’s something that they could do.

Sit tight, we’ll get it out when we can. :slight_smile:

Blizzard sucks at game design and service

1 Like

Getting your BIS item week 1 and then having it actually be bricked with no ETA will definitely make a person feel that way