Macro/Script for setting camera distance/angle?

Okay, so I play with my camera at a specific distance (one zoom step in from default view 2) and over the years one of my biggest pet peeves in the game is the amount of crap that incessantly screws with your camera and does not reset it back to where you had it afterward.

The game supports saving a custom camera location to Views 1-4 BUT this has been broken as far back as BC. If you save one it breaks the feature where your camera automatically pivots back behind your character when moving forward. It utterly breaks this and in all of the years I’ve been playing I’ve never found a fix or workaround.

So what I’m seeking is a script I can put in a macro that simply puts the camera at the spot I chose. I’m aware Set View 1-4 exist and are keybindable but I still have to adjust via the mouse wheel. This simple action has grown wearisome over time. I’d like to just have a one-button macro to set it exactly where I want and that’s it. Nothing fancier than that.

Thank you in advance for any help offered.

I too would love to know a console command / script that would set the camera distance.

I personally play at max camera distance most of the time, but when I want to talk with a quest giver or flavor npc I want to be up close and personal. Having a macro that would toggle back & forth without mouse scrolling would be ideal!