Macros - LShift and RShift modifiers not working

It’s been a while, but I’m pretty sure I used to have macros that differentiated between shift, lshift, and rshift. When I tried the following macro, however, I cast at my mouseover target regardless of which shift key I was pressing. The macro behaved this way even with all of my add-ons turned off. Are these modifiers no longer used?

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:rshift,@mouseover]Flame Shock; [nomod]Flame Shock

4 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadowlands-macro-api-bugs-improvement-wishlist/618955/10?u=elvenbane-veknilash

2 Likes

Hopefully they won’t remain broken long.

Thanks for the reply!

1 Like

FWIW you can eliminate modifiers from your macro entirely if you want.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] Flame Shock

I just ran into this myself, and thought I was going nuts after an hour of troubleshooting lshift and rshift problems. Thank you for saving my sanity, all, even if it means I gotta wait for a bug fix!

3 Likes

Still not working as of 9.0.1 build 36577 (retail).

…Does this belong in the bug report forum instead?

2 Likes

I wasted a ton of time pulling my hair out only to find this is still bugged from months ago on PTR and the bug was carried over into retail. Still broken on 9.0.2 36753 retail. Breaking my gameplay. Macro modifiers (lalt vs ralt) are broken and are considered just alt.

3 Likes

Still broken. RIP my ability to play this game. /sadface. wru bliz? please fix this regression greatly impacting player ability to play.

2 Likes