Macro to Switch Actionbar:

Since Blizzard offers no way to take Action Bar 2 off of my UI or block it, I find myself at times switching to it when fighting with classes that use special hotbars.

Is there a macro I can use that will forcibly activate a stance spell: (such as say Shadowform) and immediately swap the actionbar to Actionbar 1? Getting pretty tired of when I exit a form having to scroll back to Action Bar 1.

Alternatively, is there any addon that will allow me to hide actionbars I never use?

Bartender 4, ElvUI, Dominos among others. Blizzard’s Action Bar handling is abysmal. Dump it.

1 Like

Right, but is there a /macro command I can use?

/set actionbar 1 doesn’t work apparently.

Do you mean like opening the key bindings (escape/Key Bindings/Action Bar) and setting one of the Action Pages to switch to using a specific key?

Wowpedia says /changeactionbar and /swapactionbar exist.

6 Likes

That was what I needed. Thank you!

1 Like

So you use two different action bars deliberately for when you are in or out of Shadowform?

Alternatively couldn’t you use Stance conditional macros so that your abilities activate differently depending on what stance you are in?

/swapactionbar 2 1

2 Likes

I know this thread is a bit old but in the event anyone comes here from a google search etc… here’s a toggle that works.

/changeactionbar [actionbar:1]2;[actionbar:2]1

It just means if action bar is 1 then switch to 2 if action bar is 2 switch to 1

Enjoy!

25 Likes

I just turned off all the key bindings for switching to the other action bars making it so that I couldn’t accidentally switch from an errant key stroke.

3 Likes

thank you!

/swapactionbar 1 1

This will set it to actionbar#1 (instead of flipping back and forth between 1 & 2)

Exactly what I was looking for ty

Is there a way to do this with a modifier? like using mod:alt or similar?

/changeactionbar [mod:alt] 1; 2

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/MACRO_changeactionbar

1 Like